A18 Placement Item Count incorrect info

Summary:
I was playing my first new session yesterday, and was going fine until the end. I had save & reloaded twice since then; maily due to hearthling upgrade/downgrade putting head misplaced. Regardless of that, I had a building complete fully; my first and only.

I put on the doll house view, where you see walls still. Pushed “P” for placing items. I had couple beds listed correctly to be placed. I place 1 bed, and the item disappears from the list. I had to find the bed in stockpile and place through individual item placement icon when you select item that way.

I had 1 tables and 4 chairs after that I tried to place with the “P” window. The table did the same thing as the bed above; which should happen with the table as there is only one. With the chairs however I was only able to place 2 of them, because it would do the same as above. the chairs listed 2 after placing of the first, and then off the list after the second.

I am thinking something is wrong with the placement menu, in that it is transcribing 2=1 when placing an item. However I did make another table, it is set to maintain 1, and that showed up once it was made. I have chairs set to maintain 2.

So effectively it is doubling the count taken from “P” menu, instead of minus 1 when there is more than one. I haven’t checked with odd numbers, but with even numbers this is most certainly the case at least with my session.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a house built, and view in doll house mode.
  2. Have more than one of an individual item to be placed, preferably even number.
  3. Attempt to place through “P” window.

Expected Results:
The count int the “P” window should go down by 1, and not disappear from the list if there is still more in storage.
Actual Results:
Count seem to go down by 2, making it disappear from list, even though I still had 1+ in storage.
Notes:
Beyond pathing issues, like people gathering items then stopping part way, drop stuff, and pick up again to continue on path; there was the head issue I mentioned. Building built fine, although odd in the way they did it, but it finished; which matters more. Even took down scaffolding.

I had other tasks going on during this obviously. Mainly mining and gathering tasks.

Don’t know what you need so I included the template the house that was used, log file, and the save file just in case.

I couldn’t get any pics unfortunately as I didn’t have overlay and was playing in full screen; which means screen capture doesn’t work as well. I just hope I described it well enough above, as it was a simple bug. Don’t know if I can reproduce it as I haven’t loaded the game up yet, but was something I did run into multiple times through that single session last night.

Best of luck finding the root of the bug. :smiley:
Attachments:
stonehearth.log (1.0 MB)
1471061255739.zip (5.2 MB)
moonbeam house porch f3 wsc1.zip (21.3 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
A18(The first iteration)

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Placeable items NOT showing in “Place item” menu