A15 House building covering windows&doors

Hi! First off I want to just say hi, I’m new! Well, new to posting. Been reading most of the topics posted for a few weeks now and playing the game for about a week too. But this is the first time I’ve decided to stop being shy and actually post something. :smiley: You all seem to be super nice, this community is really cool!

Summary:
Anyway to the summary of what’s going on. I played mostly on A14 and have only just upgraded to A15 today, started a new file because I love starting fresh in games for some reason. I had them build their first building, a two story (which I know how to properly build now!). In previous villages, whenever there was a door or window, they’d leave it as an empty space to walk in and out of and fill it in either while building or afterwards with the pieces. This building they covered the doors and windows on the bottom floor only with blocks and then stopped building because they could no longer get inside (and a hearthling got stuck inside too, poor thing). I had a hearthling put a ladder on the inside since they could reach the top from the outside and they continued building! But I’m still unsure that this is supposed to happen…

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build 2 story house with windows on both floors
  2. Let hearthlings start building
  3. They’ll cover the bottom windows and doors

Expected Results:
Leaving the windows and doors open to prevent anything getting stuck

Actual Results:
Windows and doors are covered causing them to stop building and for hearthlings to get stuck inside

Notes:
I didn’t think to take any pictures before I put the ladder in the house but reloaded a save before it happened and got a few picture examples at least.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-524 (x64)

System Information:
intel i7 core, Windows 8.1, 12gb RAM, 2.50ghz

1 Like

Hey there @NishikinoMaki, welcome to the Discourse!

Hearthlings covering window and door opening is rare, but has been seen before. Do you have this save game with the “messed-up” building? If so, uploading it to the Discourse for the devs to see would likely be very helpful.

Also, just to clarify, was this building on A14 (release-524) or A15 (develop-2860)?

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Hi @jomaxro! thank you for the welcome and response! I do have a save of it, the building is not completed yet while the upper floor is half build the hearthlings have in fact put windows and doors in instead of covering them, the bottom floor remains covered.

I figured it was A15, but now that I look at the version it seems my steam didn’t update it after all. It says it’s version 524 so I’m going with A14.

I’ll definitely go ahead and upload the file for you guys. Anything to help out! Apparently I can’t upload it here as a new user (it’s 8mb so I figured I would upload here), so I hope a copy.com link is alright. I have an account there already so…
Here’s the link. (I’m fairly certain this is the right one. If the building hasn’t been built at all I gave the wrong one. Still should be right though.)

Thanks again! :smiley:

edit Double checked, it’s in fact alpha 15 but the code at the top when I play says release-524, not develop-2860. Home screen states ‘Alpha 15 Test Version’.

Link looks good to me! Not sure why you couldn’t upload it directly…you are already TL1 so it should have worked.

Anyway, @not_owen_wilson will likely want to see this on Monday :smiley:

1 Like

Alright! ^^ I’ll continue the town and do other sorts of stuff in the mean time. I’m definitely in no rush~

Also I think I got the notification just after my last post, pretty sure I can upload now haha. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s weird. Could it be a game you saved in 524 and loaded on 2860?
I’ve checked and inside the game it should say 2860 too.

By the image, it looks like the old bug when 2 walls overlap, caused by changing the wall material or color at some point. Hearthlings go and build both, leading to that glitch :sweat:

I started fresh, I actually only got the game on my own steam account in the past few days so I’ve only played on A15 (I assume as it says it on the main menu) saves in the past couple days. Played on a friend’s account before that for a few weeks. When in-game it said 524 though. Steam also doesn’t have any updates for it.

Loading up my save file I notice it now says develop-2860. I guarantee it didn’t before as when I mentioned what it said, I’d had it open to be sure! Maybe the number just decided to glitch out on me or something. Well, I can at least say for sure it’s A15. :stuck_out_tongue:

The materials clip like an overlapping bug, but - for once - I kept the original material and stuff, top and bottom floor. My mouse is experiencing double-click issues and will randomly double click for no reason so it might have been that that caused it. Makes sense too if it’s that glitch now that I think about it because when I re-loaded the save before they had built much of it, I didn’t edit it but they still did the same thing.

2 Likes