[A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread

they might not be able to reach those ladders, try making two short ladders at the base of the slab that they are on

4 Likes

Oh hey, that actually did it. I wonder if thatā€™s something the devs could fix, hearthlings not being able to jump up one block high when thereā€™s a ladder on it. There isnā€™t really a reason they shouldnā€™t be able to go there.

5 Likes

A15 R537 update: I loaded up my ā€˜controlā€™ save from right before I started construction on the watchtower template, and decided to just re-save the design as a fresh template, using the R537 version of the game this time. This appears to have cured my template woes, and I even got a building thumbnail out of the deal.

As of now, I can confirm that my template does indeed build fine. :slight_smile: The game fails pretty badly at tearing down the scaffolding, but I have a complete building! Many well-placed ladders helps the scaffolding (and stranded workers) come down, with a few notable exceptions where only a console destroy command would purge them.

3 Likes

Problem Building this Building from my latest YouTube Episode
Not working with either Hearthlings or Instant Build from Console.

Latest Version on Steam of StoneHearth Release 537

Error Message Recieved on Start Build and With Instant Build from Console

Ingame Building

Another Error Message Recieved on Start Build and With Instant Build from Console

Template Screenshot

Building Template
town halla.zip (8.6 KB)

Tested
Removed Building and Place a New One
Removed Building , ,Saved , Loaded, Placed
New World, Place Template
Let Hearthlings Build
Use Instant Built from Console

All give the same results for me

Need any more information just let me know

8 Likes

Just made one that wouldnā€™t finish.

Hereā€™s where they stopped.
http://puu.sh/nQ4vw/d0b2400414.jpg

12 man apartment.zip (12.6 KB)

Edit: I tried to remove the building and have my hearthlings build it again, and I got this error message.
release-537 (x64)
ā€¦rth/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.lua:277: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:223: in function ā€˜report_tracebackā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:228>
ā€¦rth/services/server/build/scaffolding_builder_1d.lua:277: in function ā€˜objā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:73: in function ā€˜instanceā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
[C]: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:243: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function ā€˜triggerā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:269: in function ā€˜_trigger_gameloopā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:320: in function ā€˜_updateā€™
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

3 Likes

Here you go (see attachment). Just a simple stripped version of the house with some slab stairs inside.
Great game by the way. I canā€™t wait to see what new things will be added to make survival more and more interesting, new professions and perhaps a bigger variety of furniture, etcā€¦ :slight_smile:house with inner stairs.zip (3.8 KB)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Is it all slab?

2 Likes

No this building consist of floors, walls, slabs :slight_smile: but all those extra things creating more detail and balcony and roof is all in slab.

1 Like

Im having this problem with a building. they just stop constructing it. its usually when they get to the roof but this time its before. exact same building.

corner house left.zip (39.0 KB)

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem again in a different fort where a floor mosaic that places (and builds) normally in most places, will not place itself in an area where it should fit ā€“ the game shows it visually as placeable, but when you click to place the template in that spot, it ā€œpopsā€ up thirty-odd feet in the air instead onto the next level. (this time itā€™s trying to build the mosaic literally thirty feet up in midair, with no support at all).

Do yā€™all want another savegame on this problem? Or should I post it as a separate bug thread?

Initial attempted placement :

Where it actually goes:

different angle:

(slight differences in background because shots taken during different sessions ā€“ tried reloading different game to make it work, save/reload did not fix).

Again, this mosaic does build fine in most locations, it just wontā€™ fit there for some reason, and I canā€™t figure out why (neither can the game itself apparently, since visually itā€™s allowed to place there). There are no buildings above or below it or any other structures that would seemingly be forcing this change. Any tips/thoughts/workarounds appreciated. This is a different fort and unrelated templates from the last time this happened.

edit: this error happens even if I reload a very early save for this map from before I had built or dug anything else at all.

2 Likes

building_templates.zip (45.2 KB)

they didnt finish , and they didnt start the roof yet

1 Like

The first thing to do is check and make sure you have enough wood for scaffolding.

The second thing to do is see if itā€™s a CPU problem. Pause your game for a couple of minutes and see if they start building again.

Third thing is build a ladder over the top of the existing structure and another ladder down on the inside so that hearthlings can get out. (sometimes this also fixes the building issue, if a hearthling is blocked in and canā€™t get to the next spot to build, even if that spot is otherwise accessible to other hearthlings).

If those fail reload an earlier save and build the building anew, making sure to do so in the normal view mode (not slice or xray, which can sometimes mess up building).

3 Likes

THNX !!! :slight_smile: it work :slight_smile:

1 Like

However now the last step , two columns ?

i already add laders and still nothing ,

1 Like

i remove old columns and bulid new which works :slight_smile: , Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to build a defense wall in my new game, but I will not get build even with ib command.
Here is my Save game
1460669238960.zip (8.9 MB)
And here is a screenshot of my GREAT Wall

3 Likes

Go big or go home, man. Love it. :slight_smile:

Anyone figured out what the max vertical range for Archers seems to be, yet? Iā€™m curious just how tall of a tower we can build before they wonā€™t be able to see their prey down below.

2 Likes

Wanted to test how far they could build. and they were sooo close to finishing this castle, I am sad now.
Schloss.zip (6.3 KB)
1461444338625.zip (6.3 MB)

2 Likes

My Archers donā€™t care at all for the Defend Location command and always try to shoot from the same levelā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m having problems building structures next to each other when theyā€™re connected by a road/path. Itā€™s easy to replicate, just setup two standard house about two blocks away from each other. They should be buildings with walls, floors and roofs. I put doors on mine and then linked them up with a footpath. Suddenly, error.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447356746962571914/F536EB79753106522F0E058E2D02892E07FBBAA9/

It seems to only happen when thereā€™s completed buildings across a particular sizeā€¦ just placing floors and footpaths donā€™t produce the error log.

Iā€™ve also had problems literally bridging stuff in the game but Iā€™ve literally just patched the latest version that released today and tested this particular problem.

I also plan on testing building buildings right next to each other. I realised that if I create a template, save it and then place two building templates within each other I can cause them to share a single wall. This however didnā€™t work last time due to the two staircases sharing the wall and the ai failing to path to the centre but Iā€™ll restest again and see if thatā€™s changed.

1 Like