A More Prominently Displayed Discourse?

Here’s the idea: our Discourse needs a bit more prominence on the Stonehearth Website.

Problem is, we’ve been sidetracked to the merely a small mention in the “Community” link. This is outrageous! I think that we should have at least a bookmark on the Stonehearth Website, standing proudly along “Media” and “Wiki”.

So, whatd’ya say? Let’s do this!

12 Likes

I support that, minus the meme image. That’s just wrong man.

An upcoming project of mine would likely have this Discourse here integrated as well, depending on how well the APIs work.

3 Likes

Yeah turn this into a petition and get our rights

2 Likes

I agree, although I like the way the forum feels a bit like a small “home” :smiley:

2 Likes

i believe Radiant is taking an approach similar to how Mojang manages their community… most of the folks here are fairly dedicated fans, and those who visit the official site likely knew about SH prior to the visit, and sought them out…

once there are more folks coming to the site who are not really aware of the game, we may see a change in how this is handled… time will tell!

6 Likes

We’ll simply have http://discouse-elite.stonehearth.net where all the cool kids hang out and in order to get in you need to defeat one of the current members in some ridiculous competition we have yet to make up.

4 Likes

5 Likes

LOL…awesome.

I guess I get both arguments. Sometimes it sucks having a philosophical background.

I dunno… maybe something like the Jets versus Sharks? Haves versus have-nots in an online Rumble?

I was more thinking of something like “While repeatedly dropping his/her own pants and pulling them up again, recite Monty Python’s Life of Brain in Armenian backwards. On an iceberg. In a volcano. On the third Sunday of the month, which also happens to be a full moon.”

But I see I will have to take care of the actual recruiting, you all seem to lack vision.

3 Likes

I tried copy-pasting the whole script onto Google Translate, then finding a web provider to turn it backwards… but it didn’t work :frowning:!

1 Like

Well, guess who’s not going to be a member of our exquisite club.

2 Likes

You can’t exclude me! I’m the fastest Cube west of the Mississippi!

This is a weird forum but I like it. I think many people come and kinda leave cause its a strange format but we must force them to join and be a part of the glory.

Steve, implement a lock in for every person who visits the site for the first time that they have to stay for 8 hours and cannot leave. DO IT

Also to add, check out this forum - http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com

They just opened it and it is the same style as the discourse but much prettier and with design suitable for the game. Can we do this?

2 Likes

Is that… er… strictly legal? Hold on… I’m gonna see if I can write a creepypasta about it…

#The Stonehearth Discourse

It was late one night when I decided to check out some of my favorite gaming websites. I was browsing through Kotaku, and something interesting came up: an indie game called Stonehearth! Well, after thoroughly reading some of the kickstarter and article, I decided I would have a little peek at the website. I found something interesting: the Stonehearth Discourse! Being a fan of internet forums, (they tend to fill up with interesting, shall we say, characters) I thought this could merit a look. I had a few clicks, and decided I would look further tomorrow.

I clicked the “Close” button on my browser. It wasn’t responsive. I clicked it once more, again with it not working. “How strange,” I mused, “Internet Explorer always works!” Huh. As I kept on spam clicking, I came up with a message. “You will obey Steve”, it read. Weird. Who is this Steve guy anyway? After investigating further, there seemed to be a devilishly handsome prominent forum member known as SteveAdamo. “Well, better take a look at his profile!” I thought.

It read: “OBEY STEVE”. How strange, I wondered. I supposed there would be a time to investigate these strange mysteries later. I left my leather chair, and—

It read: “OBEY STEVE”. How strange, I wondered. I supposed there would be a time to investigate these strange mysteries later. I left my leather chair, and—

1t r#@d: ({{{{[0*#YYY ST#VE>>>*672^&%$46&%455

8 Likes

The dome = 0.25. I win.

@Swift_Cube :laughing:

2 Likes

wow, such a pretty Discourse theme! its a little heavy on the load times, but that might just be my laptop…

glad to see another indie developer using the platform! :+1:

you and me? we’re gonna be thick as thieves, we are…

3 Likes

But the HQ of the Discourse is in Spain, so nobody cares. :wink:

the who, the what? I never realized there was a centralized location for the project though… cool!

1 Like

I believe the HQ is in the US somewhere (at least that’s where the majority of the team are I believe?) and that @DinoD123 was making some bizarre reference that none of us can ever hope of understanding.

2 Likes