A livestreaming question

Alright, so, let me be honest here, my computer isn’t exactly the best. I mean, it’s no “gaming laptop,” but it is certainly a pretty good laptop that can also play some games pretty ok. I can run stonehearth without a high level of lag on the lowest settings. So here’s the thing, I really want to livestream some stonehearth. I’ve livestreamed in the past, mostly just art stuff, which my computer handled fairly well. A fair amount of dropped frames, but nothing too too bad I don’t think. I’m not going to be able to build a really good PC until sometime in December I think, and I really don’t want to wait if I don’t have to. So here’s my question to anyone who knows anything about this sort of stuff, do you think my laptop could handle livestreaming stonehearth? Or would there be so much lag as to be distracting?

Here are my computer specs
  • Windows 10

• Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz

• 8.00 GB RAM (7.88 GB usable)

I mean I suppose the fastest way to figure it out would be to try it, but I’d need to find somebody to come watch to make sure everything is working ok, because I’m really bad at checking for some reason.

seems fine; the smoothness of your stream will largely depend on the stability of your internet connection. you can also test it yourself by recording a video (off-stream) and seeing if all your settings are prim and proper. (there is an option to record in OBS, i’m not sure about other streaming apps). all streaming programs should tell you how many frames you’ve dropped as well which should give you a better indication if there’s a problem somewhere