(WIP) The Arcane Expansion: Wizards n' Stuff

decided to show off my level 1 staff redesigns, hopefully these are better then the failure of a snowflake,

earth, ice, fire

at first i wasn’t sure i liked the fact that the earth staff looked a lot more rugged, but after thinking about it i remembered that the earth acolyte is the entry level class, where as the others are tier 2 classes, so it makes sense for them to have a fancier staff.

note: for some reason magicavoxel messed up the colors in these renders, the ice “crystal” isn’t actually that bright

i hope you guys like them, just like the “snowflake” staff, i would love some honest feedback on these ones.

12 Likes

The earth staff looks really good, but in my opinion the other two staffs don’t look fancier or more like tier 2 class staffs. It’s more the opposite… Nonetheless they also look pretty good.

I can imagina, that ever wizard has 2 elemental staffs, one simpler and one which looks fancier. Taking your models, I’d take the earth staff as advanced earth staff and the ice and fire staffs as simple ones.
A simple earth staff could look like the other two staffs having a green crystal at the top instead (and maybe one leaf around the top to be fitting your style). The other two staffs could also have their crystals float enclosed by something in their advanced from.
For fire that would be flames for example (cpt. obvious hits hard here…) and for ice I’d stick with a modified version of your snowflake approach, like having the snowflake not surrounded by anything and leave it open at the top and in the center, so the crystal can float in there…

Is it somehow understandable what I am saying? :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I like them!

I must disagree with @DasDoenis i think it shows the progression really well, and simple and rememberable, though a little bit more brighter color would’ve been nice for the upper tier staffs as they might look like paint tathen than gold or silver(and i actually suggest using the two palettes)

1 Like

Agreed! I love the jump from tier 1 to tier 2. The tier 3 staff just needs a little love? Some more ornamentation (Just a touch).

Particle effects in game will look fantastic on these, though.

2 Likes

I REALLY love the new staffs! I don’t think they are rugged at all and look quite beautiful :slight_smile:

err… update…?

so, it’s been a long time since i’ve actually done anything with this mod, however i have been thinking about it a lot recently. rather than an update this time, i actually have a question,

would anyone in the community be interested in doing the code side of the mod?

if someone (or multiple people) is interested in helping with me, i would love to get this mod back up and being worked on! so, if you think you’d like to help me get this from dream to reality get this working, please say so (in a reply below not a PM). also, if you want to help and someone else already has replied, don’t hesitate to say so, the more the merrier :wink:

(i feel like i repeated myself there… probably should have gotten more sleep…)

also, here’s something i made shortly after the last update but didn’t bother to show,

the smaller workbench of the researcher, used for anything requiring an uncluttered surface.

but yeah… that’s all i have to say really… well, i actually should mention i’m going to be extremely busy for the next while (won’t be able to catch the streams :disappointed:) so i probably won’t be super duper active around the discourse (not that i have been these last few months… :grimacing:)

2 Likes

I have been looking to work on a mod involving classes lately… And I totally dig the wizard things…

But I am in a similar boat when it comes to time constraints, and you’d probably benefit more working with someone who has more modding experience. :sweat_smile:

I would be interested in a possible multiple person collaboration to work on this, possibly with someone who has a bit more experience with modding.

2 Likes

I’d like to help out a little. I can’t help with anything Lua, but I’d be able to take all of the items and do their .jsons, and recipes for things.

I could also do this if you’re willing.

1 Like

@8BitCrab I’d need to dig into Lua and Stonehearth modding, but I’d be glad if I could help. (But I guess I’ll only have time much time on weekends…)

2 Likes

And we’re back from the dead! we were never really dead, i’m just slow

that’s right, the mod is still being worked on! @thelegorebel has been working on the earth wizard for awhile now, thought there’s still more to do, he has it in-game with a few working attacks. :jubilant: and currently i’m working on some more art like stuff for the mod(effects, icons, etc.)

though i’m still not certain on when we’ll be releasing the first version of the mod, i’m hoping we can get things done a bit quicker now that i have a bit more free time. :merry:

i know this wasn’t much of an update, i just wanted to let anyone who’s interested in this mod know it’s still happening.

11 Likes

That of work and of the voucher works does well! :slight_smile: you moved forward too well to stop now would be it’s a pity.
I few do not help you modding (saddened) there but I can support you of …of I know not but I am of any heart with you ^^

1 Like