[MOD? ]Various Races and Creation menu

Now too me stonehearth feels like the type of game that should have a class system. What I propose is elves and dwarves as two new “Races” now I would try and do this myself but I do not know how to do any of that but if I can I would love to work on this, if there is already something like this great! But if not it is something I feel would add to the flare of the game. Also if you have ideas for other “races” let me know. Oh and one last thing I feel we should also have a way to manually select how a settler looks. Like a creation menu, this could also allow for us to choose race in the settler. Any more ideas please let me know!

hey there @Thepuma,

eventually down the line there will be dwarves as one of the races in stonehearth, but as far as i know elves won’t be a thing (except by modding)

[quote=“Thepuma, post:1, topic:19038”]
Oh and one last thing I feel we should also have a way to manually select how a settler looks. Like a creation menu, this could also allow for us to choose race in the settler.
[/quote]there’s actually already a mod for that, which i believe still works with A13, the only thing is it doesnt allow for choice of race,

1 Like

Ah thanks! However elves would still be a thing I would like because of ranged combat coming soon I hope. Because then I could have an elf archer!

for the elves they are not planned - so when this must be modded in ^^ Soo at first get voxelshop and make models. then get the startemod from github and make an mod :smiley:

https://blackflux.com/index.php

and for the use of homf i think you should also take our mod: LocksofManyColours [MOD] Locks of Many Colours:Version 4 now available! [A16]

3 Likes

Thanks for the links! I will be sure to start on elves as soon as possible!

Oh one last thing is voxel shop free or do i have to pay some fee? And is there a way to import the exisitng character into voxelshop or will i have to make it from the ground up?

its free and yes you can import them ^^ and when you create hearthlings you must look for the matrixes because every part is an own matrix (its important for animations)

Ok i am completely new too making these as you can tell so can you send me links?

links to what exactly? ^^ mostly its c&p work and the rest is to be creative (and thats not my part :frowning: ) xD

Oh ok im sure i will figure it out thanks for all of the help!:smiley:

if you need help with the creating of the mod or the codingpart feel free to ask :smiley:

Thanks for the support if i need it i will be sure to ask!

1 Like

I am having trouble figuring out what to copy/ paste and from where i understand how to use voxelshop now but i would like help figuring out what to copy/paste!

at first create something then you can add them to the startermod ^^ but first you need to create hearthlings and objects and this will need time ^^ when you have something that you will add tell me :wink:

Ok I will! It will take some time as I am new to this but once I have somethin I will tell you!

1 Like

is there a way to import the existing stonehearth character so i can just expand off of that? because this would go alot smoother if there was.

yes just open the stonehearth.smod file there you will find the exisiting objects etc. as qb files ^^

thanks that will help alot!

smodfiles are zips so just open it with winzip/winrar or some extractor ^^

how would you change a .vsd file to be compatible with this forum? i have a design that i just made and wanted to try before i made anything else.