Asterai's Qube thingies

I don’t know, I thought they were well done…

I like em. Though the gap in the middle of the foliage is kinda weird. But they’re still cool and make sense for the SH world.

Like the stream last night, when he making a raccoon and just decided to depart from reality and just kept the distinguishing characteristics for a critter that we could relate to as a raccoon, but didn’t need to be identical.

Birch trees, three sizes, three color variants, in game!

including a unique log.

Currently, I have these set up as a replacer for the junipers. Still working on getting the logs to function as carpenter materials. In the meantime, if any modder wants an advance copy, PM me. I’m happy to let other people use my models as long as I’m notified and credited.

2 Likes

Cherry blossom trees!

2 Likes

Five blanket appaloosa (white-spotted butt) pattern templates. Again, can be easily applied to any other base coat.

And a chestnut (reddish-brown) horse.

3 Likes

The cherry blossom tree dare really nice same with the birches they look really look good on the map but why get rid of the pines
Chestnut horses oh my god

I’m only shoving out the junipers because I don’t know how to put in completely new trees yet! But when I do, birches and junipers will coexist peacefully. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mind if I make some fruit tree and nut tree models to give to you?

@DinoD123 It’s kind of you to offer, but I wouldn’t know what to with them. I made the trees as practice for more complex mods, mostly; I don’t have grand plans for them. I do have grand plans for all the horse models, but that’s another story.

1 Like

Oh. Okay. I hadn’t realized. I’ll still make them though.

2 Likes

Love the look of these Cherry Trees, fits into the game pretty well!

What tree do you think you’ll try next?

Seeing you’re making some trees… what colours would you use for pine? Mine don’t seem to be right… :wink:

@Alfie: For pine? Hmm.

I’d use their juniper trees as a starting point, since those are sort of related to pine. Or you could go pull up reference images and choose colors similar to your favorite ones, or even sample colors off of the pics directly. I’d try to put a little gray into the basic color you choose, whatever it might be; Stonehearth doesn’t have a lot of highly saturated colors right now.

I like to pick the highlight and lowlight colors from the same hue as the main color, just shifted whitewards and more saturated for the highs and blackwards and more saturated for the lows.

Really, just get an image in your head of what you’re trying to make. Try to make it. Examine how it is different from what you envisioned. Try again. This is the basic process I have to go through every time I make anything.

@Vince5754: Well, I might try some trees composed of modular parts that can be fit together in random combinations, as a final experiment before I start trying to make modular horses. Or I might not. We’ll see.

1 Like

I’d love to see them all occasionally blossom, maybe later in-game when it’s a specific season.

This IS them in bloom! But absolutely, when seasons come in I’ll make some alternate color schemes.

Also, I would really love to have a “flower petals being carried away on the wind” effect, but there are many things I would need to learn before I could do that.

1 Like

One of the things I’ve been wanting to put into my mod as it progresses. Holding a cherry blossom festival when they bloom. :smile: :cherry_blossom:

your trees are coming along nicely @Asterai… love the cherry blossoms! :+1:

Go to Lake Tahoe and find out for yourself. :wink:

Working out how to do variants on moving critters. WIP.

5 Likes