Zooming issues: When I try try to zoom out while looking up, the camera goes below the plane/ground

It happened first when I was doing a house design, I tried to look up under my roof and zoomed out and the camera just went pass the floor. XD

Then I tried to reload the save. This time I couldn’t look up anymore. The highest I could look up was parallel to the floor. and when I try to zoom out after I zoomed in near the ground and force the camera to look up, somehow I still go below the floor. It’s like at the back of it values are set to ‘looking up’, so when I try to zoom out, camera goes down.

Oh, and there is a buggy carpenter’s workbench (still in design mode) somewhere near my house that I could not remove even with console destroy. So, it may have started there.

Not quite sure if this is really a bug or just my pc.

Error logs:

release-663 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:172: attempt to index local ‘building’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:172: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:216: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:42: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:40>

Save File:
1477099117489.zip (3.6 MB)

Hey there @junec, I tried to replicate this, but I couldn’t - both by loading your save and starting my own. Are you still have this issue?

You can easily phase into the terrain, and I think that it’s better than getting stuck in it. I think it’s been possible for a while, although I usually play in tiny world so I’m not sure.

You can’t actually look up, the limit is parallel to the floor. But if you make your camera go into the mountains or hills, you can use the zoom to navigate from below.

1 Like

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - I can easily reproduce the “camera inside terrain”, I just couldn’t get “stuck” or “look up”.

1 Like

Ah, Then my bad. If the maximum you can look up is parallel to the ground, then I didn’t get stuck. I was thinking I could look up farther than parallel to the ground, because I accidentally did once and I think that was when I the camera broke. Since I was now looking up at a ~45 degree angle, when I tried to zoom out, the camera went down 45 degrees below the ground. :smiley:

When I was doing a build, I tried to hide some lights under the roof and tried my hardest to navigate the camera so I can see under the roof. hahaha.

As far as I can tell, it only happened for this save file. The rest of saves are fine.

When I do try to load that save file, that error log always appears. So I think something really did break. But maybe just a corrupted save file?

The error log is building related, not camera. I’ll load up the save and see if I can figure out what is going on.