Worker inactivity while mining underground stairs [1x1 mining tool]

Summary:
When attempting to mine stairs downward with the 1x1 mining tool (using a 5-tall ceiling to ensure adequate headroom at all times), if once underground the floor and all wall rows are queued at the same time, after mining the floor row hearthlings will refuse to mine some remaining wall rows.

Saving and loading allows hearthlings to mine remaining queued blocks as normal.
Cancelling and reallocating task also allows hearthlings to mine remaining blocks.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Dig stairs into the ground
  2. Once underground, queue the floor row and all wall rows required for the next step

Expected Results:
Completing accessible queued mining tasks.

Actual Results:
Once the floor row is mined, miners will selectively mine remaining wall rows, then either redirect to other assigned tasks or flip to idle if there are none.

Notes:
Seems to vary slightly. On the first two underground steps my hearthlings refused to mine any wall blocks, third and fourth steps they mined all but one row, and on the fifth step they mined all but two.

Attachments:

(First screenshot below due to new user image limit & not paying attention to image upload order)

Version Number and Mods in use:
a16 r559 x64

Hey there @MagnusEffect, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

@Albert pushed a fix for a similar issue in the latest release. Can you try updating your game to A17 development builds (see instructions here to access it) and remove/redraw the mining zones?

Recreated in A17 dev build

1 Like

Great! Can you please upload the affected save for @Albert?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Okay, what I’ve done is queued mining tasks and then immediately saved. Upon loading this save my hearthlings mined all but one assigned row.

1465269322665.zip (5.1 MB)

1 Like

Hmm, when I load the save, all the blocks get mined.