Wolf Cage Bugged?

Summary:
Noticed when i was recording a new video now that the “wolfs in the woods” was outside the cage and attacking me even tho they was not ready yet to attack and their cage was still intact. when i broke it even tho they was outside they ran away.
Also normaly when you break the cage you can fight them until you click the message and kill them even tho you set them free so a fix for that would also be good :slight_smile:
Steps to reproduce:

1. Let the Wolf Cage “lather” thing spawn
  2. see if they are outside their cages and fight you if you get close

Expected Results:
In their cages
Actual Results:
outside their cages
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Realse 779 Alpha 23 (M)
Only a Terrain Color Mod
System Information:
i7 920 @3.8Ghz
AMD 7950 3GB OC @1000mhz core 1300mhz memory
12GB DDR3 1600mhz
Samsung 840 SSD Game Drive

1 Like

I think this is broken since a long time ago (the collision for the cage is just 1 block tall, so wolves eventually get out of it just by idling. They have a lease, but apparently it’s not enough, they will attack you if you run near). So the message to free them doesn’t make sense in some scenarios either.

I hope that this will get fixed whenever we work again on encounters, I will remind the devs about it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome :smiley: hope to see a fix even tho it might not be to important at this point

Is this gonna be fixed anytime soon :slight_smile: ?
kinda strange everytime you meet them

1 Like

At least you get their pelts.

1 Like

…and your militia gets exp!

as a side note, the wolfs appear to not do any damage to my militia when they attack with the cages present

2 Likes

to bad we can’t keep them like in GoT :smiley:

1 Like

Yea, don’t care so much that they get out, it’s the silly message after you’ve smashed the cage.

Just wondering if we will see a fix for Stonehearth 1.1 with this since its been going on for a long time :slight_smile: would hopefully not require to much time on fixing it i suppose?

So… Uhm, here:

Right side is the current cage. Left side is my take on solving the bug.
What is going on:
The current cage collision is just a 1 tall, full box, that anyone can go in and out. And it is super narrow, no way to fit 3 big wolves there.
The new cage is bigger (scaled from 0.6 to 1.0) and has 4 collision boxes, creating a hollow area that can’t be accessed from outside as the outer ring is 2 blocks tall.

Here the new json:

{
	"mixins": "stonehearth:mixins:destructable_object",
	"type": "entity",
	"components": {
		"render_info": {
			"scale": 1
		},
		"model_variants": {
			"default": {
				"models": [
					"file(wolf_cage.qb)"
				]
			}
		},
		"mob": {
			"model_origin": {"x": -0.5, "y": 0, "z": 0.5 },
			"region_origin": {"x": 0.5, "y": 0, "z": 0.5 }
		},
		"destination": {
			"region": [
				{
					"min": {"x": -6, "y": 0, "z": -5 },
					"max": {"x": 6, "y": 1, "z": 7 }
				}
			]
		},
		"region_collision_shape": {
			"region": [
				{
					"min": {"x": -6, "y": 0, "z": -4 },
					"max": {"x": -5, "y": 2, "z": 6 }
				},
				{
					"min": {"x": -5, "y": 0, "z": 6 },
					"max": {"x": 5, "y": 2, "z": 7 }
				},
				{
					"min": {"x": 5, "y": 0, "z": -4 },
					"max": {"x": 6, "y": 2, "z": 6 }
				},
				{
					"min": {"x": -5, "y": 0, "z": -5 },
					"max": {"x": 5, "y": 2, "z": -4 }
				}
			]
		}
	},
	"entity_data": {
		"stonehearth:catalog": {
			"display_name": "i18n(stonehearth:entities.monsters.goblins.wolf_cage.display_name)",
			"description": "i18n(stonehearth:entities.monsters.goblins.wolf_cage.description)"
		}
	}
}

Should work fine.
If you have the spare time, I would also remove the bone inside, it looks bad at that scale, and replace it with an actual bone item (ogre bone?)

6 Likes

We’ll add a fix for this in an upcoming build

5 Likes

This should be fixed now (on unstable), the wolves might pop their heads out of the cage a bit, but won’t be able to completely walk outside of it, at least.

1 Like

Great to hear :smiley: