Wishlist: Quality-of-Life Features for Alpha 6

This please, had an entire house fail to complete because one wall was too close to a bush.

This was the subject of my one and only topic post on these forums so far :smile:

1 Like

and kudos to you for seeing the ā€œerrorā€ of your waysā€¦ :wink:

seconding your suggestions, by the wayā€¦

Since Alpha 5 was mainly bugfixes, Iā€™ve edited the topic title.

Now with more 6!

2 Likes

We really need this. Itā€™ll improve building a lot. I imagine it as this. You make a plan of a house, with the floor, walls, roof, and doodads. You can edit it and move the plan around until it is how you like it. I would also like it if you could ā€œsaveā€ these structures and can put them into the game later or until you want them. Then, if youā€™re ready, you can start building it, preferably using a button in the GUI. :house_with_garden:

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Another good idea. They should work like the flowerpots that are used for the wild flowers currently. :sunflower:

This would be good too, but what would also be good would be an upgrade mechanic, like what @Teleros has said. :up:

First off, incredible so far.
I didnā€™t see a feature requests sticky so here goes, sorry if I missed it.
Tree planting +1 for fruit
Make building fences like building walls (in process?)
Beasts of burden

4 Likes

Thereā€™s already a request type thread going on.

Here: Wishlist: Quality-of-Life Features for Alpha 6

1 Like

thisā€¦ would be interestingā€¦ :smile:

thanks @Kaz ā€¦ merged!

2 Likes

Yep. And the items that get left on ladder rungs are rather annoying too.

This would be handy if you want to upgrade an individualsā€™ bed to comfy from mean.

My suggestions/wishlist is that you should be able to make more fire pits with stone, and that you have to unlock comfy beds by leveling up your carpenter and weaver to a certain level, using the lvl up system that radiant wants to incorporate, and it will have a purpose to the mean bed.

2 Likes

as others have not mentioned it, think ill do, Since eating different kinds of food make them happy(er), how about making them chose something other than their last eaten food if availableā€¦ had them grumpy from eating pumpkins to much when berries, corn and different kind of jerky was available for consumption.

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to see an inventory list so that when I am carpenting/weaving and item I know that I have enough materials to make the item.

4 Likes

More from

Is that when you kill a goblin they will sometimes drop there jagged cleaver and you can equip it to your swordsmen.(the cleaver will do more damage than the wooden practice sword), and another suggestion is an animation for the opening of the picket fence gate.

4 Likes

When placing an item, the next item of the same type has the same orientation as the previous one you placed. When placing a row of chairs it is a pain to turn the rotation of each one (same as a row of beds).

3 Likes

Hey guysā€¦ I searched (for a bit) and didnĀ“t find this suggestionā€¦so here it go:
A button/command to stop what he/she is doing and retreat the villager to the center of the village.
A suggest this cause I was raided by globlins, and my footsoldier started following then to fight. He reached one, killed, and started following the other, after a couple minutes he was all the way around the map.

ps: eventualy he got stuck attacking a globin head on the ground that didnĀ“t take damage [bugā€¦ ] but ā€¦ the suggestion is there!

TLDR: a retreat button so the villager stop what it is doing and return to the village.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to see some ground detail around the foundation of buildings. Currently they just sit straight on the green grass, which looks odd. Itā€™d be nice to see some disturbed/barren earth around the bases of walls, with little weeds and stones and stuff.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely throw in my two cents on upgrading items; for example, just adding cloth to an existing Mean Bed to create a Comfy Bed.

2 Likes

Can I have tree houses? Ć³.Ć²

Right now, when crafters have an item that they canā€™t craft due to resources, will wait for that resource to be available, rather than moving onto the next one in the queue. Whatā€™s worse, you canā€™t force them to move on by re-arranging the queue, because theyā€™ll still be stuck on the first crafting request.

This, Iā€™ve found, happens most often with the weaverā€™s spindle, before youā€™ve collected any silk.

1 Like

Having jobs bumped to the bottom of the queue if they lack materials would be best, I think. Definitely a good streamlining feature.

1 Like