Windows Placement Error with Rayya's Children Default Templates

Title: Window placement stuck when wall mounted clay lamp placed first.

Summary: When I build clay dining room and clay dormitory, twice a wall mounted clay lap was placed and it blocked access to place the window above it. The windows are now ghost-like, with half built ghost ladders below them.

Steps to reproduce:
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results: Window placed.

Actual Results: Window not placed because it appears the clay lap was in the way

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods: Develop-2733 (x64)

System Information: Windows 10 via Parallels virtual machine

Can confirm this bug. Replicated by not crafting windows until everything else was built and placed.

1 Like

This is not even that new of a problem, but I feel like reporting it now… ^^

Summary:
When objects are placed on the ground, directly next to a wall, they make it impossible to place further things directly on the wall above them. See screenshot below for an example.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a building with windows in the walls, but don’t build the actual windows yet
  2. When the wall is finished, place items on the ground under the whole left for the windows
  3. Have your crafters build the windows
  4. Wait for your hearthlings to try and place the windows

Expected Results:
The hearthlings somehow manage to climb on top of/ignore the items placed on the ground, build their ladders and place the windows in the wall.

Actual Results:
The ladder is planned to start on top of the object, which is itself unreachable for the hearthlings, so the windows never get placed.

Notes:
I haven’t tried it, but it should be possible to work with natural walls, too: Place something on the ground first, then put up something wall-mounted on that wall above the object.

Attachments:

These urns were placed directly at the wall at first, this screenshot was taken after moving them away to check the ladder length.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 14 Steam unstable, v0.13.0, dev 2786 x64, no mods

System Information:
Windows 10, 64 Bit

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is because of the relatively new update to make sure objects don’t intersect with buildings and each other when placed. This, like fences not being able to be overlapped and my Hearthlings placing floating cacti, is one of the consequences.

1 Like

@sdee, here’s a report from back in A13 regarding the issue you had on Stream last week, except instead of flower boxes it is lanterns in the way.

1 Like