Windows error; assertion failed unknown cause

**Title: Error occuring in windows

**Summary: This error froze the game and recurs any time you close it and continue. The text from windows error window I couldn’t copy/paste so I typed it into notepad for the forum. After closing the windows error window, an error popup immediately appeared in game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build clay structures (all that I have built so far)
  2. wait for error to occur
  3. try to think of more precise way to replicate the error
  4. fill out a bug report anyway

Expected Results: Build a clay brick wall section 52 blocks long x 3 blocks wide

Actual Results: Start new game

Notes:

Windows error window:

Assertion Failed:
!Intersects(cube)(C:\rb\root\SH-OB-BUILD\stonehearth\source\csg\region.cpp:153)

Stonehearth Error window Text:

<develop-2697 (x64)
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘add_unique_cube’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:330: in function <…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:311>
[C]: in function ‘modify’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:311: in function ‘_update_fabricator_region’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:361: in function <…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:361>>

**Attachments:**Log file had to be compressed to fit on the forums, it’s edging on 20MB
stonehearth log file.zip (723.4 KB)

Versions and Mods: A13 dev2697 x64

System Information:

Win10 home premium 64 bit
Inter Core 17 @ 2.4Ghz
12GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GT650M w/ 1GB GRAM

Thanks @Boulderboy, paging @not_owen_wilson and @Albert

1 Like

Finally able to post bug reports again! contented sigh I’ve been up to my ears in work for the last while so haven’t had much time to sit down and game. :smile:

1 Like

Title: Building bug assertion failed.
Summary: Can not build any custom made buildings. Can’t place any objects(walls, floors, doors, windows, roofs etc.) received error message. I have the saved game and the error duplicates every time I start up the game. I tried having the foundation under the doorways be something else other than grass.

Steps to reproduce:
1 build a simple box outline with a foundation. build the “auto” wall. delete auto wall. Build box with free standing walls. USe freestanding wall to make another room in box. Fill in foundation in larger area. choose any different foundation color and material. Make foundation in smaller room. use the lowest building viewer and try to get the foundation under the wall of the smaller section. It may or may not pop up the error message the first time but it will if you try again after.

Error Message:
develop-2720 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:143: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:84: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:81>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:143: in function ‘can_start_blueprint’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:223: in function ‘_start_project’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:139: in function ‘_updates_state’
…arth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.luac:135: in function 'obj’
radiant/modules/events.luac:44: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.luac:98: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:96>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:96: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:121: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.luac:150: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

Attachment: apparently I cant upload anything yet because I’m a new user.
Any ways here is the event log:
1st Page:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Stonehearth.exe
P2: 0.13.0.2720
P3: 565510bb
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\TheFinal1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Stonehearth.exe_5bf0f776e5966ccda649542b8ded83d15ae049_33818b4e

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 36454f75-940f-11e5-852c-94dbc9e2dcf6

2nd Page:

• 1001 4 0 0x80000000000000 58121 Application TheFinal1-PC
  • 0 AppHangTransient Not available 0 Stonehearth.exe 0.13.0.2720 565510bb unknown unknown unknown unknown C:\Users\TheFinal1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Stonehearth.exe_5bf0f776e5966ccda649542b8ded83d15ae049_33818b4e 0 36454f75-940f-11e5-852c-94dbc9e2dcf6 1

Version and mods: A13 Develop-2720 (x64)

System info:
Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40GHz
8gig DDR3 Ram @ 1866MHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
Driver version 344.75
Resolution 1920x1080 @ 60HZ

Hey there @TheFinal1, welcome to the Discourse!

Well, from what I can tell you are no longer a “new user,” so uploads should work for you. Now, just to ensure I am clear on the error you are reporting, did you receive an error pop up from Windows (the OS, not a building part :smile:), or just within Stonehearth?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey jomaxro,

I had the stonehearth in game error pop up then about 30 seconds later the window error. I got the window error once on the initial error in game. After I loaded the save game I just kept getting the build error in stonehearth

Hope that clears it up

Happy Thanksgiving

Alright, good to know. Going to add a current build tag to the post, will need a developer to come by and take a look for this one!