Where do new villagers come from?

Just to talk about the mechanic for incoming villlagers a little bit, right now it seems as if your population will increase via travelling settlers should your town morale be high enough. You can check out [this thread f][1]or more information and discussion of it.

As for storyline wise, right now I don’t believe we’ve had any elaboration on whether they are travellers from an existing kingdom or what. I imagine we can assume that they are individuals who wise to start their own little paradise.

[1]: Morale and Population[quote=“athenalras, post:1, topic:5980”]
Or if your starting villagers are not the founders of a nation, will there be randomly generated factions/kingdoms that the player can choose to be a part of?
[/quote]

By this do you mean already pre-established settlements that you can take control over? I don’t think this will be a possibility, but it certainly does sound interesting for some sort of ‘challenge mode’, where you take control of an existing settlement and try and fix its problems or something.

I imagine so, like @EpicDwarf mentioned, right now it seems like they will be travellers who wish to join your settlement, but until we get our hands on it/ more info it’s a difficult thing to say!

That would make sense, especially if they are travellers. Again, don’t think we’ve had any elaboration on this unfortunately!

2 Likes