What is SHED in engine and tech?

On the development road-map one of the bullet points is SHED. Anyone have any idea what that is?

A bit of discussion in this thread on ā€˜SHEDā€™, no definitive answer though.

3 Likes

greatā€¦ now my curiosity is piqued once more!

1 Like
7 Likes

I would have to say, out of all other guesses, @deakonā€™s is the best because, as proven with Team Radiantā€™s love of references, this is probably the most likely.

3 Likes

Stone Hearth Engine Development?

Iā€™d have thought the same Dwalus, except that it seems to be under the ā€œEngine & Techā€ categoryā€¦ kind of superfluous. Hmm.

Perhaps ā€œExtension Developmentā€ or something? Think more complex mod support or something like thatā€¦

1 Like

That sounds like a good possibility.

Hello. Itā€™s me, your favorite amphibious dinosaur
I know this is a late response, but I always believed that SHED stood for ā€œStonehearth Editorā€. I believed this because the very first time I saw Stonehearth, on the channel known as Yogscast Sjin (on his Sjindie Games series), he was playing a pre-alpha version of the game. He said in the video (I donā€™t know if this is true or not) something along the lines of ā€œThe developers are including tools in-game to be able to mod the gameā€.
Now, as I said before, I donā€™t know if this is true, considering this just came from a lets player and not Team Radiant officially, but who knows.

Well, @yshan did show off an early version of SHED a few streams ago (one of the early Herbalist streams). It is essentially an IDE (integrated development environment) made specifically for Stonehearth. It allows you to view all the files inside a mod, and work within the program to make changes. It helps make sure all the necessary files are created, and has some neat tools like a campaign viewer!

1 Like