So the Weaver uses a Spindle as the definition of it’s job.
So why can’t the Weaver use the spindle to make thread?
Right now you need to use the spinning wheel for that.
The weaver has no real progression since you build all of it’s building directly.
So my suggestion is this.
First change protection of Military uniform from +2 to +1, this is to make the padded vest more useful.
We introduce the Studded leather armor for lvl 3 archers.
- Weaver Lvl 0-1
- Weaver can make thread with a Spindle from start. It takes 3 times as long as it does now and produces 1 thread. Uses the Workbench.
- Weaver lvl 2
- At Weaver level 2 the Weaver can build a Spinning wheel. Using the spinning wheel to make thread it takes just about the time it does now to make thread and it produces 2-3 (depending on weaver level/luck) threads each time.
Uses the Spinning wheel.
- Only level 1+ weavers can use the spinning wheel.
- Weaver lvl 3+
- Weaver can build Loom producing cloth.
- Only level 2+ Weavers can use the Loom.
New costs and level reqiurements
- Weaver Workbench (level 0 weaver): 1 wood and 1bundle of fibre
- Weaver Spinning wheel (level 2 weaver): 1 wood and 3 threads
- Weaver Loom (level 4 weaver): 2 wood 4 threads
- Weaver lvl 0
- Thread using Spindle and Worbench
- Bolt of leather
- Weaver lvl 1
- Thick Leather Vest (currently lvl 2) (reduce protection to 3 from 4)
- Leather skull cap (currently lvl 2)
- Fur rug (currently lvl 1) (new cost 1 fur pelt 1 thread)
- Weaver sign (currently lvl 1)
- Weaver lvl 2
For everything lvl 2 for the Weaver you need to trade for Bolts of cloth since you can’t produce them yourself.
- Upgraded Worker outfit (currently lvl 1)
- Winter Worker outfit (currently lvl 0)
- Cloth padded Helmet (currently lvl 1)
- Padded vest (currently lvl 1) (reduce protection from 3 to 2)
This makes the Padded vest replace Military uniform if you have it.
- Pretty curtains (currently lvl 0)
- Small Wall-mounted banner (currently lvl 0)
- Weaver lvl 3
- Bolt of cloth (currently lvl 0) using Loom
- Spiky quiver (currently lvl 3)
- Bolt of cloth (currently lvl 0)
- Big Wall-mounted banner (currently lvl 1)
- Decorative Throw rug (currently lvl 1)
- Wall-mounted Tapestry (currently lvl 1)
- Plushie Toy rabbit (currently lvl 1)
*Weaver lvl 4
- Studded Leather Vest (new item at Armor 4) (2 bolts of leather 2 thread 1 bar of iron)
Usable by Archers from lvl 3
- Weaver lvl 5
- Fire quiver (currently lvl 5).
This probably makes the progression for the Weaver a bit harder and increases the need to actually trade for items.
It would also give the Weaver something useful to do in replacing the Military Uniform with something better.