Weather (rain, wind, sandstorms)

Hello, I have a suggestion for Stonehearth that could make the game much better. Stonehearth needs a weather system.

1. Ascendency (forest): Rain rain would add to water bodies when it fell on them. crops would grow ~30% faster while it rained. Drought drought is the exact opposite of rain. water bodies start to dry up and crops grow slower, and would make your heathlings more sad

2. Rayya’s Children (desert): Rain rain would be a rare event that would make crops grow ~35% faster and would make your hearthlings happy. sandstorms sandstorms would blow sand across the desert and would make your hearthings run for indoors.

7 Likes

Weather would really help the world come alive more, and I like the idea of it having an effect on gameplay. Though only if they were offset with other options. For example a drought being warned of in advance so the player could make sure they stockpile food, or perhaps some other/different food source options become available during such an event.

5 Likes

My main point with this is: can you explain it lorewise?

2 Likes

this is my attempt at an alert for a drought. I may make a mockup of it in game.

A Rugged Traveler Stops By Your Camp
“Watch out. The rivers have been drier, and the birds have gotten quieter. This is an upcoming drought. Make sure to stockpile on food, because plants can’t grow without water!”

~2 days before the Drought.

6 Likes

stonehearth%20drought%20alert%20test%20maybe
here is a little mockup of the visitor alerting you of the drought

6 Likes

an expert opinion, that could work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

and the north alliance have 4 weather cycle

2 Likes

Not sure if you just mean it as a general description or that there should be a particle effect or something more, but it could probably be very interesting if sandstorms could actually move sand around and change the terrain. Burying some things and exposing other things.

4 Likes

I hope you like today’s Desktop Tuesday :slight_smile:

9 Likes

thank you so much! I hope you consider the drought idea for the ascendency. Also, I feel the sandstorms could move some terrain around or place sand blocks that could be mined.

3 Likes

It’s almost like you folks saw this post, and then threw everything else aside to add weather in just a few days!

8 Likes