Water devouring plants

Summary: Wanted to test the new floating crates to see if I could place plants on them for a water garden type effect. They float a little higher than I wanted so I tried building a row of blocks just under the water line and put plants on everything. When I destroyed the built platforms or the crates the plants on top of them were instantly dissolved by the water.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a platform or place floating crate in water.
  2. Place plant on top (I prefer Sugarbells since they look like water lilies :merry:)
  3. Destroy the platform or crate.

Expected Results:
The crate/platform disappears and the plant falls to the bottom of the water.

Actual Results:
The crate/platform disappears and the plant does too.

Notes:
Placing the plant on the constructed platform could make it “part” of the build, but shouldn’t do so with the crate. I’m a bit ashamed to admit that I tested this with a raccoon and a hearthling too, to make sure the water hadn’t turned to acid…luckily they survived!!

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-806 (x64) Does it with and without mods in use tested both ways. I did get this error when I had the mods enabled, don’t know if it’s related.

release-806 (x64)[M]
No matching overload found, candidates: void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,Point3 const&,int) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,Point3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,int) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Cube3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:64: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:58>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘Cube3’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:948: in function ‘get_waterfall_target’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:506: in function ‘add_waterfall_channel’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:325: in function ‘_grow_region’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:230: in function ‘add_water’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:399: in function ‘_transfer_water’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:335: in function ‘_process_water_queue’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:301: in function ‘_on_tick’
…
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:422: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:405: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:453: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

2 Likes

Okay just tried moving the floating crate without taking the plant off the top. The plant disappeared, and I got this error:

release-806 (x64)[M]
No matching overload found, candidates: void __sub(lua_State*,Point3 const&,Point3 const&)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:64: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:58>
floating_physics/code/physics_service.lua:278: in function ‘_should_float’
floating_physics/code/physics_service.lua:469: in function ‘_move_entity’
floating_physics/code/physics_service.lua:452: in function ‘_update_in_motion_entities’
floating_physics/code/physics_service.lua:66: in function ‘fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:251>

P.s. The floating crate went poof when I moved it from the water to dry land.

1 Like

@Logo Thanks for the error report!

I fixed the bug that was producing the error when moving the floating box and updated the link to the new mod here:

As for the objects being destroyed, if they are labelled as ‘clutter’ as most plants are, then they will be destroyed when their supporting block is removed. This was to prevent spam of random clutter when mining the ground, but doesn’t make much sense when you’ve placed them on a structure for decoration. We’ll have to look into this further to find a better solution.

1 Like

No worries, and thanks so much for looking into it!!