Unknown has died, like a billion times

Summary:
While playing the game, i noticed my safety score was pretty low despite one of my footmen having recently defeated some entlings. i entered the journal, and found that “Unknown” has passed away! oh no! whatever shall we do! in essence, this bug does nothing, except for destroy the safety score on the moral sheet
Steps to reproduce:

1. fight people
  2. win
  3. wait a day

Expected Results:
Safety score goes up
Actual Results:
Everyone talks about how sad it is that unknown has died, and the safety score goes through the floor. (i lost like 3-4 points in a day without anyone actually dying)
Notes:
I actually have no clue what causes this, but the steps are what happened to me.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Stonehearth 0.18.0 (release 656) x64 build
System Information:

4 Likes

Hey there @Wave, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

This indeed sounds like something is going wrong here. A couple of questions.

1. Are you running any mods in your game?
  2. Can you upload the save game where this is occurring? To upload a save, locate the folder in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Hey there @jomaxro , I am not using any mods.

i am uncertain on how to preform the second task, i do not know how to “zip” files

1 Like
  1. To zip the folder.
  2. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  3. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  4. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  5. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.

Edit: This assumes you are running Windows. Let me know if you are not.

I am indeed running windows, but no “send to” option occurs when i right click the folder. anything i could do instead?

No send to option, that is really odd. It is there by default on all versions of Windows going back to at least XP.

Let’s try this: What version of Windows are you running? I’ll see if I can provide you a guide that doesn’t involve the send-to menu.

I am running windows 7. i am also looking at the index of Program files via Google Chrome. could that have anything to do with it?

1 Like

Yep, that would do it! Could you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games via Windows Explorer? You can open Windows Explorer via the folder icon that is likely on your taskbar. If not, open the start menu and click Computer.

1474131826382.zip (4.0 MB)

That’s indeed odd. @yshan or another dev should see this Monday…

1 Like

I noticed my safety rating had plummed, what was the cause? Not sure, I looked in my Journal and all my people are mourning some guy “unknown” and vowing to avenge him, but… no one had died, everyone is accounted for. So… the question is who is this mysterious unknown? anyway, funny bug.

3 Likes

Yang mentioned earlier this week that perhaps this might be the results of pets dying. But thank you for the title; it gave me a laugh this morning. :smiley:

2 Likes