Unfinished buildings

Summary:

Every now and then my hearthlings will cease all construction. I have a building in progress currently and they finished half of it before halting the rest. No hearthlings are going near it, and I thought that maybe they can’t reach the next part, so i built a ladder but that didn’t help.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a somewhat complicated template
  2. Start construction
  3. Wait

Expected Results:

Building to finish

Actual Results:

Building doesn’t finish

Notes:

This isn’t all the time, it happens occasionally, though.
The first screenshot, the one from the hearthling list, is to show that even though they are told to only build, they still are opting to not do anything.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

no mods. Most recent version.

Could you upload that savefile, @chickenman12365?

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1500679304913.zip (5.5 MB)

@Relyss

That template is indeed problematic. But it can be built.

Unpause the building, place this ladder here:

And another ladder here:

And they will be able to finish the building. They might get trapped into a two tall block while building, so keep an eye on them. Get more stone too, just in case.

Thanks for the savefile, this building template is useful for testing. :slightly_smiling_face: