UI Flashing [Save Included]

Summary:
The daytime gathering UI flashes very quickly over the night time UI (with or without anything selected)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load save? Unsure of the trigger

Expected Results:
UI doesn’t flash and hurt my eyes

Actual Results:
UI flashes every 3-4 seconds all night long.

Notes:
Makes it hard to play at night :frowning:

Attachments:
Chunky save file link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yW4EBL-jH6ZkZqbDdUYmpPRFk

Version Number and Mods in use:
2924 A 16

System Information:
i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz
Gigabyte R9 270 @ 1150/1575
16 GB (2x8) Corsair DDR3 @ 1866
1TB Segate Green (Game install location)
360GB Segate (C Drive)

— EDIT:

Thank you kind omni-crab! +edit for clarity and having an actual, valid processor type

Alpha 16 unstable: UI glitches

Are you suing the latest drivers?
And try this, if it flashed, press F5 to reload the UI, maybe it helps …

Tried both. That it works through a reloaded save shows plenty - it should be immediately noticeable upon loading my save.

i have the same problem

huh… i loaded up the provided save and waited 2 in-game days and nothing went wrong with the UI… :neutral_face:

not sure who to page for this kind of thing… @yshan?

That’s interesting. I went so far as to check that save (reloading it fresh) before uploading and it immediately triggered the same issues.

hmm… perhaps its your install is messed up and requires re-installing the game, or something to do with your game settings, or maybe even your graphics card… there’s a lot of different things that could be causing it, so i’m going to wait for some input from the team…

They changed the renderer recently, so there might be issues (I guess @not_owen_wilson knows).
In fact, before, when I pressed AltGr key, I could see debug thingies, while now all the window gets yellow.

Also noticed some color change in models due to the distance / ambient fog, which I assume it’s done for performance or has to do with the graphic settings.

@Ztu, could you post your system specs too? Just to compare with @Aethrios.

It could be a case of outdate graphic drivers too, we always tell to check them through the manufacturer’s website instead of the auto-updater.

Hi Aethrios,

Can you post your stonehearth.log file please? You can find it by doing the following:

– Right click Stonehearth in your Steam library
– Select ‘Properties’
– Select the ‘Local Files’ tab
– Select ‘Browse Local Files’

You’ll find stonehearth.log nestled among your local files.

Thanks!

This is happening to me too.

@not_owen_wilson Here you are! Hope it helps. As far as drivers and all the rest go, I’m up to date. I checked just a little while ago while going through a system rebuild, and checked again in light of this issue, so that’s all sorted.

stonehearth.log (3.4 MB)

Hmm. Okay, those are definitely up-to-date drivers. Can you try turning on (or off) high-quality graphics (hit esc to bring up the menu, make sure you’re on the graphics tab, and then check/uncheck “enable high quality graphics”). Please let me know if this helps any. Thanks @Aethrios!

After checking in I was playing for a bit, and didn’t notice the flashing UI (I had actually completely forgotten about the issue). Even after downloading and replaying the save I linked originally, I couldn’t replicate the issue. I don’t think I updated any drivers in the last five days, but I could be mistaken (there’s also the possibility of background windows updates; like I said, it was a system rebuild). I suppose for now my specific issue has been addressed, but I’m not sure if this is something that @ztu is still experiencing?

That said, I am still plagued by a lot of the lua runtime issues other users (myself included) have been reporting, but these are the joys of super-duper unstable builds!

When i check high-quality graphics on the UI stops flashing but i will get 9 fps. And when i turn high-quality graphics off the UI starts to flash again, Does that change anything?

EDIT: Reinstalling stonehearth also doesnt work.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I might have fixed this while fixing another bug. Would you be willing to test a custom stonehearth.exe build for me to see if it fixes the problem?

That would be great thanks!

And may i ask which other bug you have fixed?

Summary:
The UI glitches
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start up stonehearth alpha 16 unstable(steam)
  2. Start a new world
  3. UI starts to glitch

Expected Results:
UI Doesn’t glitch
Actual Results:
UI glitching
Notes:
This did not happen in alpha 15
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 16 unstable (steam) No mods
System Information:

This keeps happening when i restart the game.

@Cube1 , is this the same bug that you talked about here: UI Flashing [Save Included] ?