Two new errors in a22.5

I’m not sure what is causing these two errors and they don’t break the game as far as I can tell. The second one is weirdly short too.

release-763 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/fixture/fixture_component.lua:10: attempt to index field ‘_json’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/fixture/fixture_component.lua:10: in function <stonehearth/components/fixture/fixture_component.lua:6>

release-763 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

By the way, I was using these mods:
better stockpiles
finetems
pawel_API
patrol_mod
settlementdecor
settlementdecor_bs
endpieces

:thinking: Sounds like it can’t find the json file for a construction item (door/window/furniture/decoration…).
Do you know the exact moment when it happened?

Were you opening the building menu or placing some item or something?

I’m sorry, but I don’t remember. Since I just started the colony I only had 2 buildings, a dining hall and a kitchen. There was one stone tunnel door and 2 lanterns for it. I had placed 12 beds inside the mined out area behind the tunnel door. That was it for placed items.

Those 2 error messages show up every time I reset the UI or load the game.

1509057653547.zip (4.0 MB)

Did you use any of the modded objects? It might be coming from a mod.

Yes, I used some windows (from finetems mod) in both buildings and I had crafted some endpieces for fencing (but not placed those).

1 Like

Similar problem here. Had this (UI Error on Startup (New Game)) error on startup, couldn’t unpause (probably a UI reload would have fixed this, but I saved the game and loaded from main menu).
Directly after loading 2 errors popped up:

release-763 (x64)
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'get'
	...ct_starting_resources/collect_starting_resources.lua:81: in function '_init_item_count'
	...ct_starting_resources/collect_starting_resources.lua:94: in function '_initialize_data'
	...ct_starting_resources/collect_starting_resources.lua:26: in function <...ct_starting_resources/collect_starting_resources.lua:23>

and

release-763 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

But as of yet, no other detriment to the game…

The fix for the issue mentioned in the “UI Error on Startup (New Game)” thread has been fixed and will be included in the next unstable push (probably next week), but currently when it happens, game state is likely corrupted and you may get random errors afterwards. I would suggest dropping that savefile altogether.

Nevermind, that’s a different UI error than the one I was thinking of. I’ll take a look at this one, but given that much of the surrounding infrastructure is changed in A23, it would be useful to check if this happens to you on the unstable A23 version. To switch to the unstable version:

1. Go to your Steam Library and right click on Stonehearth
  2. Select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.
  3. Hop on over to the “Betas” tab
  4. In the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” dropdown, choose "latest – The latest branch"
    If you want to return to the stable branch, select “NONE – The regular version of the game.”

Thanks! I’ll give it a try, maybe tomorrow.
EDIT:
I did give it a try, beforehand I tested the Savegame on a22r763 to see if the error persists, it does.
On a23r765 the error does NOT pop up.

So congrats, seems like problem solved on the newest build!

2 Likes