Construction error

Summary: I started to build my third shared sleeping quarters building when these 2 error messages popped up.

develop-2960 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:157: attempt to index local ‘bc’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:157: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:202: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:68: in function ‘set_active’
…ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:73: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:101: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:82: in function '_call_all_children’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:78: in function '_call_all_children’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:78: in function '_call_all_children’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:98: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>

develop-2960 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Version Number and Mods in use: Version Alpha 16 test build 2960 no mods

System Information:
Windows 10
24GB RAM
Nvidia GEForce GT 730

It appears to be a crash/bug in the interaction between the bfs system and the jobkeeping system as after the error appears the bfs system sits at ~60% and the Jobkeeping sits at ~35% even though all villagers except my 1 farmer are idling.

Everytime I have played the game when I press the start building button on either the 3rd or 4th building this error set has popped up. The last time I played the game completely crashed after this error report came up.

1 Like

Do you mean everytime you played a new game?

This is when the first 2 were already built, right?

Were you playing at speed 2?
Were the buildings too close to each other?
Do you have a small save where this can be reproduced? I’ve tried to get the error but I had no luck :disappointed:

Thanks for reporting!

everytime I start a new game.

yes the first 2 were finished before I started the new one, but when I clicked on the first 2 even though they were finished it said they were still being built.

Yes I was playing at speed 2 but it has also happened when I was playing at speed 1

the buildings are 7 spaces apart, I put a 3 space walkway down inbetween then with 2 spaces on either side of the walkway.

I don’t currently as I just did a fresh reinstall back to A15 but got a build error similar to this one when I was doing the same sequence of events. Both error codes where trying to index nil values and they where both brought on with me building my second to fourth shared sleeping quarters template with the only template changes being the addition of a walkway the connects the buildings. I build the sleeping quarters first so they are the only buildings on the map, and I only build one building at a time.

develop-2972 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:157: attempt to index local ‘bc’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:157: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:202: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:68: in function ‘set_active’
…ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:73: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:101: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:82: in function '_call_all_children’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:98: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>

Looks like the error still exists in build 2972. It popped up when I pushed the start building button on the 2nd Shared Sleeping Quarters on day 7 once again I was building from template with the only edit made being a walkway in front of the building.

I also noted that instead of Labeling it buiding 2 it labeled it building 3.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269465930026421689/FC1546D9CE7DBDB564601A00398ABAC24F6D4151/

I have figured out what is causing this error, this error only pops up on the first building that I connect to another with a walkway and then only if I haven’t already built walkway not connected to a building somewhere else.