[Tutorial] Basics of adding craftable armor

A crash course in adding a new ingot, a new armor to craft from that ingot, and testing the armor as you go along. It is meant to be introductory, just to get you started on adding items.

This is the same tutorial posted with the Panabsorbium mod, now finished to include instructions from set-up all the way to .smod creation, and an extra challenge at the end.

Let me know if there are any mistakes or if you have suggestions or feedback for the tutorial.

Click here to view (exceeds max character count on Discourse).

10 Likes

Is the mod you created “Panabsorbium” usable in Stonehearth 0.1,0 - 2193 x64? if so I can’t seem to get it to work, I placed the Panabsorbium.smod in Stonehearth’s mods folder but isn’t loading, so I tried unpacking it in the mods folder, still no joy

1 Like

Interesting, the downloaded package doesn’t show up for me as a mod either. I’m looking into it.

EDIT: My bad, @Unatan2. I packed the mod incorrectly. This link will now give you the working .smod.

i didint read all, but i can say it helps a lot in how to add new things.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this! I am wanting to get into modding in Stonehearth, and this looks like a great tutorial! :wink:

1 Like

Nice! I didn’t read it in its entirety, but it seems very thorough. I’ll probably need this if/when I try adding armour.

Great for getting people started, I’d say. Good job! :+1:

1 Like

You did a good job with this tutorial! if I ever do not remember how to copy and past then add different names then make a manifest and mixins . . . .lol you get it If I need some thing to look at this is what I will come to to look at so thank you!

1 Like

Hey man, that’s how it is, @BloodW0lf! It’s as easy as copy-pasting, which is what I was trying to get across in the tutorial quite a lot.

Thank you all for feedback!

2 Likes