Trader quest rewards [incorrect/duplicate reward for overlaping quests]

Summary:
I received a trader quest to give me cactus flower seeds in exchange for 8 frostsnap and was given a 3 (maybe 4?) day window.

While I had that quest, I received another quest trading 4 iron pikes for 1 giant bone axe due in 1 day.

At some point while both quests were running, I reloaded from an autosave (since a villager got stuck behind a wall and I didn’t feel like dismantling and rebuilding everything just to free it when reloading was much quicker).

The 3-day (4-day?) cactus flower seed quest completed on schedule before the 1-day giant bone axe quest, but instead of receiving the new cactus flower seeds, I got a giant bone axe instead.
When the actual giant bone axe finished later that same day, I got the stated reward.

So now I have 2 giant bone axes, and no cactus flower seeds, even though the first quest appears to taken the 8 frostsnap anyways.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Cannot reproduce, since the most recent autosave happened after the first quest completed

Expected Results:

1x Cactus Flower Seeds
1x Giant Bone Axe

Actual Results:

2x Giant Bone Axe

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

18 (develop-3131 x64)

System Information:

Windows 10
8GB RAM
Radeon R9 200 Series
Phenom II x64

Welcome to the forum, @Kyrros :slight_smile:

This looks pretty interesting. It would have been good to have that savefile :confused:
I can’t reproduce this.

Also, your Stonehearth version isn’t the latest one (r656).

1 Like

Yeah, I checked my Steam settings and it still hasn’t updated yet (which I imagine is a Steam problem on my end) I’ll try reinstalling the whole thing later tonight as see if that gives me the proper version.

I went to go attach my autosave game file, but apparently the game continues to autosave even when paused or tabbed out, so the save I have now is about 30 mins past the event(s) in question, which is about the time it took me to browse for a similar issue then write a new one of my own when one wasn’t found.
Guess I’ll need to be quicker on the draw when I notice problems in the future, heh.

As best as I can tell, the only significant event that happened to disrupt things was that I reloaded my game from the autosave without exiting to main menu or quitting the game beforehand.

It also occurs to me that I didn’t notice a problem until afterwards because when I saw the quest reward text, it was one of the two that I expected, and hadn’t been paying attention to which would finish first. I only noticed the issue when the next quest finished and it ended up being the same text as the last. That made go check my troops and inventory, and sure enough, I had two axes.

If the savefile would still be useful at this point, I’ll be happy to post it, I just assumed it wasn’t since it was past the error event.

Before reinstalling, try quitting steam (completely, not just to the taskbar) - many times that will trigger the update when relaunched.

It certainly can’t hurt. I don’t know how much can be deduced from the save for past campaign events, but better to have it for the devs if they need it.

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Uploaded the most recent manual savegame that I had before the event (the timestamp/hashed file) and the current autosave (post event) to a folder in my Google Drive. I don’t know how quest randomization works, so I don’t know if others will get the same quests again or not within that next 30 mins.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BztqNvva-B5iNzNsOWo1a09aQ0U?usp=sharing

EDIT: Oops, it seems the most recent save is actually a minute or two after the second quest finished, and not before the quests like I thought… you can see the new axe by the town flag in the animal pen, and my footman is carrying the other already.
The most recent manual save I have before that is 11 game-days before that. Sorry :-\ *