Frostfeast: 2 Quests at the same time

Summary:
I am currently playing Frostfeast and have two quests for presents at the same time - and an error, too!

release-687 (x64)[M]
radiant/modules/common.lua:416: failed to look up function binding name “_on_cleric_returned”
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function ‘error’
radiant/modules/common.lua:440: in function ‘error’
radiant/modules/common.lua:416: in function ‘invoke’
…nehearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_alarm.lua:57: in function ‘fire’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:302: in function <…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:302>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:302: in function ‘_fire_alarms’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:378: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Steps to reproduce:
I don’t know. ;(

Expected Results:
only one quest at at time.

Actual Results:
two quests from the same guy.
lets say I have 3 Engineers Presents for the 1st Quest 1 already finished, then the 2nd quest starts and calculates “presents avaliable +3” = presents requested (or something along the lines) → this leads to some spiralling

Notes:
I will start a new game and try to do it again. If I dismiss the cleric he will come back later so I will have again two quests running in parallel.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
A19 Steam Release,
Frostfeast (obviously)
smart_crafter

System Information:

Like I’ve said in another thread, this isn’t really possible. Can you upload your savegame?

Of course - I just forgot to add.
it is >10 MB so: 1481754518776.zip - Google Drive

This is likely due to the lag in the save game. If you click the button twice, you will execute the action twice - in this case, create two quests. I didn’t think of this scenario (and never encountered it), so I didn’t deal with it. In the next release, there is something to prevent this issue, for the meantime, don’t click on the buttons multiple times (or clicking on two different buttons “at the same time” - e.g. accept and decline).

I’m afraid fixing the save would be a lot of effort, because there’s stuff floating around that would need to be cleaned up (a bulletin, two timers, and probably more…). Your concern, that the quest requirements are “spiraling”, is not justified however. The quest with 21 hours stuck is, for all intents and purposes, dead. Quests were never meant to be executed simultaneously, so they are not interfering with each other. Disregarding the timer error and the stuck bulletin, you should be able to progress in the campaign just as well.

If anyone with more time at their hands wants to get a try at messing around with the calendar and bulletin service to remove those ghosts to “fix” the save, be my guest; I won’t get around to it, however.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile: this it totally fine by me. (fine for me?)

I started a new game of “Winterwunderwald” (winter wonder forest) and did not encounter problems so far.