To the constructors in the game

Its more of a request that anything else, it seems that i am a complete zero building houses and i actualy can´t do anithing proper to a minion to live or protect them.

So i tought of coming here and ask for the builders help, i need some stone walls and multiple houses if possible.

PS: yes i already look in the web and i did found some houses but no walls or towers

Thanks in advance

Welcome!
My guess is Stonehearth is not the game you are searching for because actually all the point off this game is to build. Or much later if a repository see the light, you may find lot of blueprints but at this stage it won’t be easy to find the elements you need.
That said, building in Stonehearth (despite bugs -> we are in Alpha) is not that complicated. Did you really try to hard? What is causing you so much trouble?

1 Like

Hello Beatrice.
thanks for your replay, i did try, really hard maybe not, but since someone might already done think i thought of asking their print, is it that bad to ask that?

if the game if for me or not it up to me to decide, i do really thanks for your response, but if that’s the best you can do i will have to warn you? instead of having people helping playing the game you will only make them avoid it (being the game or even the forums. i just came here to ask for some help.

Once again thanks for your replay, i will try harder to build my own stuff.

Daz

@Dazkareith, don’t get me wrong, you do as you like of course but what would be great to improve a game such as Stonehearth (remember we are only on an Alpha stage) is to understand, in your case, what cause you trouble in the building process.
If it’s something structural (due to the game), then your feedback may help. If it’s just because you don’t feel you can build, then, logical, it’s a problem on your side and nothing can be done at the dev level to help you.
So asking for blueprints is fine and eventually people will give you all you need but if you can give us more feedback about your “building problem”, that could be a very good feedback because it’s always interesting to collect different point of view.
Now again without repository it’s hard to give you some pointers because blueprints are all around the forum. You said you’ve done a web search; did you do too a search in the forum with the “blueprint” keyword?

1 Like

Hmm. That’s actually kind of surprising to hear. No one’s made wall templates yet, or towers? I might try to do something about that. Might be a nice, relaxing project for the moment while we’re waiting for the next release.

4 Likes

ye i can find multiple buildings but they are only for the minions or material, there are nothing running around about towers diferent houses (stone) or fortified walls not even roads or bridges decorations and so on.

Yep, not really surprising, the game is in dev and again no repository to have a global view on what is available or not… Now as you can read, @Atralane will make you some models so you may play anyway and that’s cool. Tx to him!
But what about the most important? Won’t you explain us what is causing you so much trouble? The UI perhaps? Could be there is a need to clarify things? Perhaps we could think in a basic building tutorial for new players?

In all fairness to Dazkareith, the building interface is EXTREMELY wonky.

Yesterday, I attempted to build a two-story building. I thought I would go nice and slow, so as not to get all bugged out. So first I built the floor, then the furniture, then the walls. (Doing it in any other order creates problems). Then I made some stairs, and carefully hand-drew a new floor, with a gap for the stairs. I put down the furniture, and then foolishly used the auto-wall tool to wall off the second floor. BAM. It walled off my stair entrance. So I tried to undo. But it undid part of the FLOOR that I had built. Not the wall or even the furniture. The floor. So I tried to just knock down the walls, but the eraser didn’t work, and I couldn’t find any button or tool to remove a wall. So I finally gave up, and just said “Screw it” in frustration. I choose “Remove Building”. It asked me for confirmation, I confirmed. The interface closed, but the broken ghost building remained! And my stupid 'lings started building it! I couldn’t stop them, or remove the building. I could PAUSE it, but I couldn’t put anything else in it’s place.

I LOVE building. It’s what I’m most looking forward to, and I’m automatically drawn to any game that lets me do so. But the interface needs a SERIOUS overhaul to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.

1 Like

Ouch that sounds like a nightmare! :scream:
Indeed, the actual state is kind of “sensitive” and it’s hard to achieve something without a few tries to understand the limitations of the system.
Form my experience, the best way to do a complex building is to cut it in several simple elements and build them one after the other. It would be nice to do a total blue print with furnitures and all but you right now you have almost 0 chances to see your building completed.
I think everybody is conscious the whole thing will have to be polished because this is a building game, so the devs have no choice, the building system must be rock solid before the end of the beta.
Meanwhile if we choose to “play” we have to deal with it. Again try a step by step construction, that for sure works (even if each step can be tedious and you must save and reload in case of failure).

Now, that said, what about the interface itself? Let’s focus a minute on it; you say it is extremely wonky but how?

Interface Problems:

• Ghosting: Completely unnecessary while designing. I need to be able to SEE what I’m doing. It can be a ghost building when I’ve said “Okay, go build it.” But while designing, I need to see the colors/patterns that I am working with.

• Delete/Destroy: I need to be able to knock down walls and remove furniture while I’m designing. What happens when I place a wall, then place ten other things, and realize I need to move the wall one square over? Even if Undo worked (which it doesn’t yet), I would need to go back a dozen steps to get rid of it. A “Sledgehammer” tool (like in the Sims) would be the ideal solution. You could even use it to dig up ground, to create pits or whatnot.

• Moving Items: Related to the previous item. Ideally, it would work like this: I place a bed down. I decide I want to move the bed. While in Build Mode, I click the bed. It automatically disappears, and returns to the cursor (just as if I was placing a brand new one). If I tap “Delete” while the bed is on my cursor, it will delete the bed all together. If I tape “Escape”, the cursor will return to normal and the bed reappears where it was. Bam. Simple, intuitive, and flexible.

• Visibility: This is related to the “Ghosting” thing above. This may be a bug, I’m not sure. When I have the view set to not show nearby walls, it still shows doors and windows on those walls, making it difficult to click anything beyond it.

• Levels: Again, like the Sims, I need to be able to turn on/off upper floors. If I decide to move a bed on the lower floor, it’s REALLY difficult, because the upper floor is in my way.

That’s all I got for the moment, but I’ll think more about it next time I get a chance to play.

3 Likes

Yep, I think all this was reported several times already… :neutral_face:

Concerning your visibility point, I don’t see what you see, on my side doors and windows do disappear as expected… That’s odd…

Hi Sam,

Im new here, but Im quickly experiencing the same things. I love the game and want to see it succeed.

The entire point of the game is town building. Why does building still seem so broken. (I followed the game since last year, and finally jumped in to try it out yesterday). Am I wrong to assume that basic building should have been worked out by now??

1 Like

sorry went to lunch, seems that most of the points where already stated.
sorry for the delay

Sorry. I’m brand new to the community. I have tried to go back and see what’s already mentioned, but there are a LOT of topics running about. (Also, you did ask. :wink: )

Very well could have just been a bug. No idea. [quote=“FaulkofSeagulls, post:12, topic:15268”]
The entire point of the game is town building. Why does building still seem so broken. (I followed the game since last year, and finally jumped in to try it out yesterday). Am I wrong to assume that basic building should have been worked out by now??
[/quote]

I admit, that is kind of concerning. I know it’s a work in progress. I get that. It’s in Alpha. But I do feel like “stable, flexible, user-friendly Build-Mode” should probably be a higher priority than “Cook class”.

You may have a point here but I guess the reason for this may be simple, the studio need some easy eye candy features on a regular pace to keep the bakers satisfied. Dev blogs, streams, regular updates, all this make the project alive and cool to follow and that’s important too
Anyway, the team is not a one man show so I guess some of the coders are probably working on the “important” features while others are working on adding more tiny features, fixing bugs etc…
So as already said in other topics, patience is the keyword…

1 Like

I think you meant “backers”, but this is far funnier considering I was lamenting the prioritized Cook class.

BUT ANYWAY, yes, you’re right. I’m sure there’s one team doing Build Mode, another team doing Classes, another team doing whatever else. And in this case, Team Classes just happened to come out with their next goal quicker. It doesn’t mean the priorities are jumbled. I just really want Build Mode to work. I have so many ideas…

Ooups! :blush:

Believe me you are not the only one with tons of ideas!

1 Like

Totally agree. Shouldnt start adding icing until the core function of the game works.

I just started playing 11. Guess all we can do is keep reporting what does not work.