Titan feedback. Titlenot15letters

Tentacles can spawn in inaccessible locations, for example a walled in area.
The lightning strikes cause too many trees to be turned into wood during the event causing performance drops when almost the entire map is filled with wood blocks and forcing you to do lots of clean up, which is almost impossible since orcs are constantly attacking haulers. Which if you kill in turn creates even more things to clean up.

Overall i felt impressed at first as i was not expecting such a change in tone. Scuff really hit the fan fast.
The game gave the impression of there being many ways to weaken the titan, but there was only 2 that i found, harvest roots or kill enemies.
I was expecting the titan to appear in person as it did in that old kickstarter video after i had lowered the health bar to 0 as i thought the event was too easy. Dialogue in the game also seem to imply you have to weaken the titan before you fight it. I might have misread it.

The game got a fatal error after the event when an orc joined. Which was just great, so i had to redo it all.

Orcs joining you is a fun feature. But the one that joined me had a very low body stat so it’s a useless footman. I’m quite certain there are wild orc clerics as well as footmen. The orc i got would be a great cleric.

The orc footmen has a graphical glitch caused while wearing either a iron mail or iron helm.

The reward for doing the event felt underwhelming in comparison to the event as a whole.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

Tentacles can spawn in inaccessible locations, for example a walled in area.

Working as intended.

The lightning strikes cause too many trees to be turned into wood

Wood produced this way is not restockable by default unless you loot it, so it should neither cause the orcs attacking haulers situation that you describe, not impact performance. That said, deforestation is not the desired outcome of this encounter, so I’ve stopped titan lightning from hitting trees. BTW, assuming you started the titan encounter using the normal campaign flow rather than by spawning the titan gong using debug tools, you can stop the orcs from attacking by undeploying the orc gong (not the titan gong).

The game gave the impression of there being many ways to weaken the titan, but there was only 2 that i found, harvest roots or kill enemies.

You can also destroy portals and various tentacles. There are actually two more ways to damage it, but those are only unlocked through the rabbit campaign, which is not out yet.

I was expecting the titan to appear in person as it did in that old kickstarter video

We experimented with that, but weren’t happy with any of the prototypes that had the titan actually attacking directly in-world, as it underdelivered on the gravity and scale of the threat.

The game got a fatal error after the event when an orc joined. Which was just great, so i had to redo it all.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Orcs joining you is a fun feature. But the one that joined me had a very low body stat so it’s a useless footman. I’m quite certain there are wild orc clerics as well as footmen. The orc i got would be a great cleric.

You can demote ones that aren’t fit to fight into workers, and you get one orc per week. We don’t plan to support orcs of other professions, but they can be modded in.

The orc footmen has a graphical glitch caused while wearing either a iron mail or iron helm.

Thanks for the report. @malley, the orc iron mail model has detached bits (toes?).

The reward for doing the event felt underwhelming in comparison to the event as a whole.

There is a bigger reward coming in later versions.

4 Likes

What if the burned tree is turned in to a seed, so it would grow again on its own?

4 Likes

You have my attention, good sir. :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually for this you’ll want to page @Allie ; ) - she made all the orc outfits.

1 Like