The upcoming updates

If you guys want the Elephant Sheep download I can give it to you when I find the file…It should be somewhere on my other computer…

Not to interrupt this great sheep discussion, but here’s what’s going on…

Tony has been pounding away at the “workers getting stuck” problem. It’s a really interesting technical challenge that I will hound him into writing an article on at some point. Long story short, the r27 AI system needs significant upgrades in two areas

1. Improved ability to “plan ahead.” Example: don’t go pick up that block of wood until you’re certain that there’s space available in the stockpile, AND that the space won’t be taken up by something else (like another worker dropping something else in the stockpile)

2. Orchestration between workers to improve the way they work together (if you think about it, this is related to point 1).

Our progress on this front has been steady, and we will push out a new build that (probably) fixes the stuck workers when the new AI primitives have been adequately tested. That build will also contain things that the rest of the team has been working on, at various stages of completeness.

It will definitely include the mixinto and override modding primitives. There will be new, incomplete APIs around scenarios for you to scratch your head over (what’s a scenario??). It may contain rabbits, sheeps, and the weaver, or it may not.

5 Likes

Well, since you already pushed the first draft of the scenario API out in r27, it’s not that much of a surprise anymore I’m afraid. :frowning:

i imagine this will enable some of the more hesitant modders to enter the scene… :clap:

ok, sounds promisingly cryptic… :smile:

he giveth…

and he taketh away…

With one hand he gives, With the other he takes…

1 Like

Dammit…

twenty characters (sigh)

4 Likes