The Town of Harutoshi and Atarashii Haru-jo

this is awesome :open_mouth:

So, I wanted to ask, just from my own experiences building for the Discourseā€“Did any of the project require insta-build, or was this all done using the gameā€™s construction system? Iā€™m going to be working on a new project myself once Alpha 12 is released (and my German proficiency test is done), and I was curious about any issues you might have had with scaffolding or tips regarding keeping the save stable. (I havenā€™t played in at least a month or so!)

Regardless of the method, well done! The aesthetics here are probably some of the best Iā€™ve seen on the forum so far.

3 Likes

We are finally back from hospital. Exhausted but happy. Everything went perfect. Iā€™ll try to post the rest of the town and answer the posts when my new two little angels allow me some free time :wink:

Have fun, Kyth.

12 Likes

Oh my god this was amazing! :thumbsup:

is that twins I hear? CONGRATS anyways! hope all goes well at home, and I am looking forward to what you do in your now minimal free time.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard raising one baby is hard, but two?! You are truly an American (Or whatever country your in) hero

@SteveAdamo, youā€™re a long time father, can you give this man an award? Or does parenting not work like that?

3 Likes

Congrats Kyth! And now, good luck with the coming months! :wink:

1 Like

This is so amazing!! One question though HOW!!??

Every town I build i get an error if i go above 1 floor lol how did you managed to complete this amazing town with no errors? did you just Instant Build then all?

it shouldā€¦ it really really shouldā€¦ :smile:

+5 internet points!

congratulations @Kythandra!! :baby: :baby:

5 Likes

Watching those screenshots was like drooling over someoneā€™s LEGO buildsā€¦

Now I do hope youā€™ll post a video of you building someday soon or I will have to take your family into hostage until u do. cough

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but I donā€™t know how to make a video. Iā€™ll see if I can make a guide with pictures should my girls allow me enough time.

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

Last part of the kingdom finally posted. Check the second post to see it. Sorry for the delay.

Have fun, Kyth.

3 Likes

I started to build it when 453, later alpha 11, was released.

You are right, I wanted to create that packed feeling old towns have but I should have left some space around prominent buildings, like the pagoda. The streets should also have been a bit wider. Lessons we learn and will apply in the next build.
Ty for your comments :wink:

Thank you very much!! :sunglasses:

Last day was 26, Azuremun, 1000. The kingdom still works but needs a lot of care with what you order.
One of my main concerns was stability. I did it not allowing any error to happen. Whenever one popped up I coppied it to the clipboard and then loaded the previous save. Then tried a different approach to whatever caused the problem.
I only built one thing at a time and checked every ladder and scaffolding was removed propperly by the hearthlings.
All the hearthling daily tasks happen actually in a small area. You can find all the workshops and stockpiles.between the main square and the rice paddies.
They only leave that area to build and I control those tasks. If the game suffers I stop.
I pause often to allow the pathfinder and lua to short themselves out. And if necesary direct the hearthlings myself with the party tool.
Ty

:wink:

@Avairian

Iā€™m thinking on changing all the goblin references to Bakemono. What do you think?

Iā€™ve got 18 Hearthlings, the computer holds all right, but the game became increasingly unstable after digging part of the trench and when I started to build the second ring of walls round the castle. Had to extreme pecautions since then.

I hope you like the whole of the castle now that Iā€™ve had time to post it.

Nearly every thing has been done with the free block tool.
I had to use insta-build in a couple of places in town but a lot in the castle. I checked first that every thing was buildable in a different kingdom, named ā€œtest buildingā€ :wink: See the technical notes at the end of the second post.

To avoid problems I always waited until all the scaffolding was removed and if any bit of it was left behind I never used the console to destroy it. I loaded a previous save, fixed the possible cause of the problem in the design, and build it again. As usual I placed ladders when ever was necessary to help the Hearthlings reach difficult parts.
To ensure stability I avoided errors. Save a lot and load everytime one pops up. I keept things simple by only building one thing at a time. It takes time, but it is safer. See the answer to @Sandwitch up this post.
I also noticed that big constructions with plenty of ladders (lower gate defenses) can drive the game pathfindidng mad in the late game. Try to avoid them. Divide big buildings in smaller parts, not just in floors. Divide the floors themselves if necesary.
The more you build the more the kingdom tasks the game. Build the tall buildings first. Otherwise you may have to Ib the upper floors (pagoda). I havenā€™t checked this approach yet. But itā€™s worth a try.

Thank you very much :smile: Iā€™m exhaustedā€¦ :sleepy:

I think you will find your answer in the @sandwich and @Atralane answers.

Have fun, ty for your patience, Kyth.

4 Likes

HƩhƩ, the castle is just INSANE! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BUT AGAIN, THIS WORK NEED BETTER HD SCREENS!!!

1 Like

@Kythandra your work is so so so epic. Really impressive!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been toying around with the idea of changing goblins Tanuki or Tengu :smile:

2 Likes

Umm. Tanuki are racoons. Bakemono may be too generic. Tengu could be the option, although I can help but think of them as orange bird people. Iā€™m a bit old fashioned :wink:

What about making up one? Midorimono?
Ɣkina mayuge to Midorimono! (Green thing with big eyebrowns, sry, couldnā€™t help it)! :joy: :joy: :innocent:

Tengu is likely the best option. they fill the same roll. What do you think?

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still working on it. Still having issues holding a good design.

3 Likes

What are you going to go for? Bird-people? long-nosed-orange-goblins?
Iā€™m a bit curiousā€¦ ok, very curious! :sweat_smile:

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

any chance of a download link would love to check out your town