The great Undead Army

Summary:
I’ve noticed on 2-3 playthroughs of hard mode that I just come across a gianttttttttt group of undead units(skeletons/zombies) that seemingly spawn randomly or at least 1 month in to the game.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Play hard mode
  2. Wait
    3)???
    4)Dead
    Expected Results:
    Not getting utterly demolished by 20-ish undead units
    Actual Results:
    Getting demolished or at least losing 4-5 knights(with the best armour available)
    Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 16, development-2924
System Information:
Windows 7 64-bit

hmm… not sure this is a bug or not… paging @linda

Interesting. What’s the shortest period of time you’ve seen before this happens? Perhaps the game is …encouraging you to prioritize defense in hard mode? Curious what Linda says. :slight_smile:

I did manage to defeat them one time. Though I had 3 clerics lvl 6 after some hardcore bug abusing(continously using potions/bandages made by herbalist on a footman at seemingly full health), and 4 knights and 3 archers with best gear.
Also carefully making them all focus 1 unit at a time.

@megashub
I think around day 15 of Dewmum(2nd month). I think I have a save of this. There’s actually a lot of them stacked ontop of eachother.

I had a group like this spawn. 1 knight, 1 cleric, 1 archer, and 2 footmen took care of it with little problem. Was pretty epic to watch though!

Edit: spawn size was about 16-18 undead

I did have a save with the army already spawned and managed to record the 'battle’
I also sped up the recordng by 150% because it’s a rather long fight.
I recorded it into 2 fights but the 2nd half is too large. You can see where the group spreads out from ontop eachother though in this one.

how many hearthlings did you have?
Cause the raids are scalled in difficulty depending on how many hearthlings you have.

also in that gif you have no damage dealing classes…

I have 2 archers shooting them with fire arrows from afar(both level 6)?

And I had 22 hearthlings in that game.

I had a group of 16 zombies sitting outside my wall, my troops looked bored so I sent my 1 tank, 4 footman, 2 archers and 1 cleric out there to say hi. Apparently it was like Christmas to them cause they all came back safe, cracked open a fresh keg(no idea where they got this) and told stories around the fire.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve usually got excess grain stores… I figure it’s only a matter of time until the Cook figures out they can be fermented.

I mean the “courage” buff of knight’s does look like a flask. Liquid courage is in the game, a keg doesn’t sound too outlandish.

1 Like

I do have people sporadically passed out all over the ground here lately.

More of a tuning issue than a bug. That raid spawns 10-20 undead, which indeed seems like too many. Thanks for pointing this out! This will be adjusted & tuned by the next build.

1 Like

Thank you for all your hard work!
First time seeing your name on discourse(though I hadn’t really use it in months before lately).
Glad to see how far Stonehearth has come.

But…zombies…fun…

Sad hearthlings