The Curse of the Goblins

Hi @SprungCardinal8 I almost missed your story because of the amount of posts on the discourse lately (not complaining or anything) so sorry that I am a bit late in my comments.

As per usual I like to give comments and critique on the short stories on the discourse. I like how your short story is a story within a story.

First of all I think that in the beginning dialgue you should sepcify who is talking when (e. x. “ahgagha” tom said)

The truth of the matter is that 99% of grammer rules don’t apply to your story because the entire thing is in quotes (btw you should probably put the bold “story” in quotes as well as it is the grandfather speaking.

The entire story has a problem called economy, the more there is of something the less value it has. So towards the end people would stop caring about it all together. And tokens value would become the equivalent of fire wood. That being said I understand that it is more of “metaphoric story”

I really like that line :smiley:

“weighed” is not such a good word for what you are saying maybe “felled” or “chopped down” or “analyzed” etc.

Although this sentence is quite good from a literature standpoint, it really doesn’t work with the rest of the story. “gifted them with greed” should be “cursed them double with greed” or something like that.

And also it wasn’t the goblins who gave them greed, they already had it in their psychology.

I really enjoyed your story and I think the best thing for you to do would basically say this is a metaphor/fable against greed. Otherwise you have to take realism into account. The story really gets the point across in a good way.

Btw with your talent you may want to join the writer’s workshop competition.
Submission thread - Writer's Workshop 3: Submissions (Round Two)
Discussion thread - Writer's Workshop 3: The Wrath of Mer!

Also I added this story to the unofficial Lore Index - Stonehearth lore index, and epochs

2 Likes