The Chronicles of Emerald Overlook

I took this weekend to play about 35 hours of Stonehearth, and wanted to share the town that I ended up with.

• No cheats were used.
  • The only mod was @BrunoSupremo’s awesome Canyon Biome.
  • Only the new builder was used for building (but it was mostly mining).
  • @ayazar and @malley briefly joined me via multiplayer.
  • This is using Re-embarkation, a feature coming in the next unstable release that allows you to embark with up to 3 citizens from a previous town (plus up to 10 items, banner buffs, and their non-faction-specific recipes).

Without further ado, I present:

27 Likes

That serpentine pattern of the last town is unexpected and pretty. What are the HOA fines for not having balcony cacti?

Beautiful town. I bet it involved a lot of mining and excavation, didn’t it? I bet you were wishing you could use help of some sort, weren’t you? >_>

2 Likes

Well, if someone doesn’t get inspired by this, send them to the herbalist asap

7 Likes

This is AWESOME!!

Alpha 24 is gonna be a mega-super-alpha. Also, will the next unstable have both new building and steam workshop mods?

2 Likes

There’s no HOA, since everything is communally owned, but for every day a cactus planter is missing, the culprit has to spend one night manning Raine’s post at the town entrance.

Haha, that would be useful indeed! But the bottleneck was usually me designating the correctly shaped mining regions. I would be ecstatic if a mod introduced more powerful mining region drawing tools.

Thanks!

The super-unstable builder branch has both now, but we are still evaluating whether to enable the new builder on the regular unstable branch just yet.

3 Likes

MULTI-FACTION SETTLING??

Okay, I’m hyped. And sold on this new Re-embarkation thing.

I love the presentation here, too.

7 Likes

What a great way to present future content! And what a build, beautiful town/Borg :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simply amazing! I don’t know where to start!

First off, it’s awesome to see you’re enjoying the game still as much as we are. This tight but tidy and cosy town shows a different experience from the sort of towns we’ve seen you guys build up in videos in the past (they tend to be sprawling and built on flat ground, much like the early concept art); rationally I knew you guys would have to test other ways of playing but it’s great to see one of those other ideas in practice.

Secondly, those sneak-previews… very exciting! I love the way you’ve used Bruno’s canyon biome as a test-bed for a mixed RC and Ascendancy town, it’s just very fitting from a story perspective and you can see that thread weaving throughout the whole gallery of images. By combining the new features, an amazing mod, and the recently featured content (e.g. the town progression mechanics), you’ve given us a great insight into how different parts of the game work together now; how the interactions between environment and player choices + in-game events all build together into a narrative for the player. Great stuff!

Alpha 24 is going to be a big one, indeed!

7 Likes

Lovely town. Very inspirational. And a charming way of presenting it!
Congrats!

Kyth.

3 Likes

Thank you so very much for the great story. Wonderful way to share your experience!!! :merry:

:skull_and_crossbones: RIP West Hopehaven and Heartcoin :bouquet:

2 Likes

never seen that before, how did you do that?

Here, you must have missed it Niko :slight_smile:

4 Likes

TIL, thank you @Fornjotr.

2 Likes