Tavern Building Error

Not entirely sure what to write with these console dump files im not great at deciphering what it all means ^^.
Anyway here are a few images of the structure in question whenever I try and commence building or load my game whilst the structure is in “build mode” it throws this horrible guff at me. I am of understanding that this was probably a big ask for the engine and a very ambitious build but I was doing some testing and wanted to see how complex of a structure I could design and how well the engine could handle it. Evidently it didn’t go down too well.

Its also worth noting that the edit button is still available after commencing the build, I am unable to save out a blueprint and the hearthlings do not start to build or prepare the area.

Shot 1
Shot 2
Shot 3
Shot 4
Shot 5
Shot 6
Shot 7

develop-3002 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:171: attempt to index local ‘building’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:171: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:218: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:42: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:40>

UPDATE:
I have managed to port out a Json blueprint after some saving and reloading.
Here is the FILE

UPDATE

Ive managed to pull some more console dump from the engine error mentioned earlier

develop-3002 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

develop-3002 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:1002: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:1002: in function ‘bind_fabricator_to_blueprint’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:413: in function ‘add_fabricator’
…ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:193: in function ‘finish_restoring_template’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:725: in function ‘finish_restoring_template’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:453: in function ‘restore_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1503: in function ‘build_template’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1494: in function ‘cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1469: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1493: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1491>

develop-3002 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

develop-3002 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:644: bad argument #1 to ‘pairs’ (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function ‘pairs’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:644: in function ‘_on_child_finished’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:372: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:206: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:200>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:200: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:241: in function ‘_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:319: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

System Info
Dev-3002 (x64) Alpha 17
quad core 3.2ghz CPU
16gb Ram
Sapphire 7870 GPU
Windows 7
Steam Build

Mods
archipelago biome
cookmod CAFE
Brewery Mod
tuhalu
settlementdecor Mod
patrol Mod
Furniture Expansion Mod
Endpeices Mod
Jomaxro Doorways Mod

2 Likes

not here to help
looks cozy bro! nice design! throw a few fences and it’s all perfect. :+1:

1 Like

I know this is just a bug report post but, I have to say it. That tavern is so Lovely!

I hope you manage to build it!

Have fun, Kyth.

3 Likes

You have too many mods which will make this harder to check.
Ins’t CandleDark like 1 years old? I pretty sure you have to erase this one cause it didn’t work anyway.

Now for the hard part, rebuild it without mods, check if it works. Than add 1 mod back, use the pieces that you used before from him, and check if it builds, go on adding more mods and the pieces used by them. Until you have the error, at tis point, it is probably (but not certain) that mod fault.

From the error log you posted, it looks like the game can’t order the crafters to do the items for some reason, which I would guess it is one of the mods items.

2 Likes

I figured this would be the case, still I thought I would post it anyway. Im pretty sure this has got something to do with the building itself too since when I removed the blueprint it left a wall behind like back in a couple alphas ago, unable to delete ghost walls from the editor, it was a pretty big bug back then too.

Also I get this engine error before I ask the little guys to start building, its as soon as I place the blueprint down

Sadly the editor doesn’t let you add fences until its been built, but that was definitely my intention :sweat_smile:

I’ve added some more dump text to my post, in case it unearthed anything useful. I know its probably down to the mods I have installed I just figured it was more for me to play around with.

UPDATE

I’ve been working a little more into this and I have recreated the tavern in a “Bare-bones” form, stripped from all of the decor and furniture vanilla included. My team of builders are currently tackling this monster as we speak. This way I can find out if any of the furniture at all cause problems. Granted I may have gone about building the Tavern in a different way before, as some features are a little different. Some of the walls may not size up to the same parameters as the original but its a first step towards success. Here is a shot of the blueprint model.

Hopefully ill manage to get the little guys to build this monster, ill post updates as It completes

1 Like

no dice they stopped building at about here.

2 Likes

Please @Freudian, upload the template of that last one (without furniture) here:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/a16-a17-the-buildings-my-hearthlings-will-not-build-round-2/22200

You can try saving / reloading, restarting the game, or things like that to see if they would continue, but if they stop buliding it’s a candidate for the main thread (round 2) :slight_smile:

Without a better view, or the template itself I’m going to make an educated guess. Place a ladder against the scaffolding by the rose stone. The old ladder seems to be blocked under the wood terrace.

Good luck, Kyth.

Okidoke will do! :smile:

Im not sure where you referring to, if your talking about where the steps to the walkway are sadly ive already tried that :confused:

No, not where the steps are. In the internal corner, the scaffolding by the side of the rose stone. The ladder that leads to it is now below the built part of the passage way. You may need a new ladder that allows the hearthlings to get up that scaffolding.

Have Fun, Kyth.

Here? xD, rose as in colour?, sorry im colourblind :sweat_smile:

Yes. I’ll follow your example, An image is better than 1000 words.

I hope it works, Kyth.

Thanks, I kind of get it im not entirely sure how the little guys problem solve you see so when it comes to helping them out I get that some builds need scaffold help I just haven’t a clue where most of the time ahah XD
Thanks again

, F

I just hope you manage to finish that tavern. It is really beautiful. And to see more designs like that!

Have fun, kyth.

Ran the build again and got to here, seems to be hit and miss at this point, SO CLOSE!! D:

That’s a hell of a lot of scaffold xD

It seems also that they have stopped building the raised stone foundation here, strange :confused: