Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords

BIG TRAILER UPDATE:

I have finished gathering sound effects, models and props for the trailer. After Exporting all of them I’ll be able to start animating the trailer.

Here’s a sneak peek at the set for the series reveal trailer:

Now I am having some issues with the artwork for the title and such so it may not have the graphics up with it but I do plan to have some WIP video clips up to the final draft.

4 Likes

oh good grief… tension is building! :smile:

best of luck in the competition… i’ll try and swing by to toss a vote your way…

I see what you did there…:slight_smile:

@Pandemic Good job with the building! Looks pretty impressive so far…

Thanks :smiley: I’m only 1 vote ahead… hopefully I remain in the lead.

UPDATE:

Today I’m working on cutting up the remainder of the models for animation and putting together houses to make the setting of the trailer feel more living along with some more props

sigh

the firewall here at the hospital is becoming more onerous… all sorts of “active content” is now blocked…

i cant even register to vote!

1 Like

@SteveAdamo Thank for trying :slight_smile:

Ummmm, I kinda completely spaced on something… Pikmin 3 is coming out soon as well as a bunch of other games I really want to play… I might disappear… A lot… yeah.

@Pandemic do you want the models of the birds of the stream? I think anyone has uploaded them to stonehearthkingdom. I copied them from the stream and the picture from the dev blog, although the colors sure are not the same. I think I should contribute a bit and let at least that available for download if anyone has done it (it’s a tiny model but perhaps can be of use for someone). P.S.: I also copied the kitty, but as it’s part of the kickstarter rewards, I should modify it :cold_sweat:

By the way I love all of your works :smile:

1 Like

absolutely… and dont forget, you can now house those model files here (.qmo as well as .obj)… :smiley:

I could use the birds :smiley: PM me the models if you wish

@Pandemic, If you ever need a writer/consultant, I’d be more than happy to lend a hand, I’d really love to be a part of what you’re doing :smile:. And I have credentials!!! :wink:

But regardless, I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us!

1 Like

COMMUNITY QUESTION:

I’ve revealed a good amount of information through my creations thread and this one, and I am interested in seeing the community opinion.

This weeks question is:

What do you guys want to see in the series?

ADVERTISEMENTS LOTS AND LOTS OF STUPID, BORING ASS, SPAMMY ADVERTISEMENTS!!!

Anyway now that thats over maybe we could have a more of a Game of Thrones/Joe Abercrombie vibe where pretty much every main character gets slaughtered horribly. I really do like gory stories

@Pandemic Hard to say as we actually did not see anything yet of the series… apart from “concept art”. Maybe you can work on creating a first series without having all the models done to 100%? Maybe just the short trailer you have mentioned? That would be my personal wish in regards of “what do you want to see”.

Your progress is amazing and inspiring. I like many others here can’t wait to see what the final product looks like.

I’ve worked a few things out for my series, story wise and character designs. But I will wait till Dec. before I start to animate anything. Due to the fact that Stonehearth will have almost everything I need in the beta done and ready to go. Also, by that time their should be a special version of Qubicle just for Stonehearth. That will make exporting files and (maybe if were lucky) rendering a lot easier. The only thing I think will be hard for me is the voice acting. I tihnk I will have to do like 95% of the work. That should be fun and funny.

1. Mer Burlyhands
  2. Bur Merlyhands
  3. Anything that you make.

Alright, I’ve taken some things into consideration.

@voxel_pirate I think I will do a few animated shorts before the main series. Getting a ground work is always a good idea and I’m glad I am not the only one feeling more experience would make the series better. With that comes the second order I would need help with.

@cablex17 You’re up.

STORY PREVIEW!!!

I decided since I have written most of the major story plot, I would share the beginning narration of the first episode with you guys.

"There was once a time and a place where things happened… Oh, details right. There was once a time when men were men, smart was smart and everything was as it seemed. Lucky for you that would make this series extremely boring.

This is a time when the undead, humans and goblin fight for control of the Green Country. King Tytonis II, ruler of the Green Country in the year 137 was a honourable man, his wife Queen Alyess was as beautiful as she was kinning but that isn’t who we give a damn about. The Queens Guard caption, Conradin is the poor sucker of this story."

Let me know what you guys think :blush:

5 Likes

Gah, that car ride was horrendous! I’m on a kindle typing this so excuse any typos. I would love a living world with its own rich history, full of comedy of course.

i think you’re off to a great start, and look forward to seeing this get fleshed out… :+1:

so… naturally myself and @Geoffers747 as court jesters/comedy relief… he wears the suit first however…