Taklu's Tree Variants

Hello fellow Hearthians I would like to share my plans to add a variety of trees to Stonehearth. My plans are to give anyone that would like to add a bit of variety to their game so plans are to have each tree have it’s own file and you can add what you want to the game. These trees I don’t plan to only be cosmetic but add more food and wood to the game causing a cosmetic upgrade to furniture and different ways to keep your citizens happy

List to Do

**Apricot Tree**

Dropbox - Error

**Banana Tree**

Dropbox - Error

Plums Tree
Peach Tree
**Pear Tree**

Dropbox - Error

Nut Tree
**Variety of Berry Bushes (black, blue and red)**allow bushes to be destroyed ![|356x390](upload://mZry7iK2tbx5mdro7wR0GSwcSvc.png) ![|355x379](upload://19WXXOBJsi18Q3FqhQRTgqy2auD.png) ![|383x267](upload://pzv7woG8uT9qolORVQhdKD2hlTz.png) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ek7t2dalfqkjto/Black%20Berries.zip?dl=0![|356x390](upload://wCjjv4VJjqSlag4BM2FipCsz2VW.png) ![|355x379](upload://t29zfAflQpua1a3E2qa7vky3xen.png) ![|383x267](upload://yBRFetvI0juFXmzWjRiUoXf3ims.png)https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4ws3p1xqaojebb/Blue%20Berries.zip?dl=0 ![|356x390](upload://kLlQCnMiw1HZkz6A4IAiIHBTfGK.png) ![|355x379](upload://b0VHez9RKn5UnDBAeah6i0mh2Og.png) ![|383x267](upload://1LAftXjniuNtUt7l1vQNJ85x37t.png) https://www.dropbox.com/s/jomf1tczezscqnf/Red%20Berries.zip?dl=0
**Pine (mountain) Tree** **Lebanon (mountain) Cedar**
**Socotra Dragons Blood (desert) Tree**

Dropbox - Error

**Socotra Cucumber (desert) Tree**

Dropbox - Error

Strangler Fig
**Farmer**allow farmer to plant trees/bushes by using its fruit basket automatically harvest nearby trees/bushes possibly via harvest zone more to come

I plan to first model what I want to add and work from there

Tell me what you think and give me your suggestions on what you want to see and what you think

9 Likes

Lebanon cedar, Socotra dragons blood tree, Socotra cucumber tree, and the strangler fig. Thank you @capotzalco

Otherwise I love it and say that you have done an outstanding job and kept it simple to the style of stonehearth!!

1 Like

Do you mean the Strangler Fig?

1 Like

Yes that is the one!

1 Like

all look awesome so :thumbsup: thanks for the recommendations I’ll add them on I wonder if I can make the strangler fig spread from tree to tree in game that will be something I would have to add later on also thinking of if I could have certain trees spawn in certain terrain like whether it’s on sand grass or mountains each would have different trees

3 Likes

Looks promising :slight_smile: . Would like to see some in-game screenshots though, mostly to see how well the coloured voxels look - I’m a bit worried that (eg the apricot tree) there may be too many coloured dots.

3 Likes

yes I understand that and I don’t wish to flood the trees with fruit dots the above aren’t set in stone and it is likely for me to redesign them after I see them in game I’m working on first modeling and then testing them in game after I modeled majority of them I’m going to see if I can start getting in-game pics today or tomorrow more likely tomorrow

I actually plan to gradually increase the amount of fruit you see as the fruit grow

2 Likes

woooo they are looking great. Will the dragons blood bleed red sap? Also maybe a slightly darker trunk and the cucumber should get pink blossoms in spring or something woooooooo

1 Like

the only way I can show this is in the logs and yes

are you refering to the cucumber tree and/or the dragons blood tree I’m not quite sure on how bright they turned out I almost feel like they were slightly darker in game another thing I want to check in game

it’s like how one pic of the banana tree is brighter then the other although they are both the same something to do with the brightness

1 Like

Ohhh that is sensible and the dragons bloody tree mmmm silly lighting

Hate to be that guy, but the biome is spelled “desert” the third course with tasty cake is spelled “dessert”
Just thought I’d point that out.

3 Likes

those trees are just so tasty though :stuck_out_tongue: yea I always mess that up

1 Like

sorry guys my new job has been working me around the clock so had no time to work on this today is my day off so I thought I would atleast share the files that I have done they are in the dropdown so if you want to mess with them you’re free to do so

if possible I’ll try to get some in game screen shots today also

3 Likes