Tacticians Corner

Ww1 mod

Now with super cute and pointless charges

five little soldiers stand up with pixel rifles in hand

TALLY HO LADS!

boom

I can just imagine the cute voxelized little green clouds of chemical death alreadyā€¦[quote=ā€œGeoffers747, post:47, topic:3222ā€]
As for what the actual item would be ā€¦ Iā€™m not sure it needs to be a seisometer?
[/quote]

The seismometer was just an example specifically for underground (and subsequently un-seeable by normal ā€œsightā€ means) enemies, though I could imagine a Titan walking around might set it off too. For surface enemies, something like a magic eye or sentry wards might fill that role better.

Itā€™s a bit soon to tell how much would of these concepts would ultimately draw from your engineers or your mages. My suggestion is sort of an example of how I hope the branches of science and magic compromise roles in the game (I like both of them too much to play favoritesā€¦)

1 Like

There was the fallout mod mentioned which might be kinda similar in terms of tech, of course the problem with beer walls is how to make the beer and I donā€™t think the multi-story greenhouses would be an effective use of resources. Besides think about something, the engineer builds stuff that run off steam, the geomancer can reshape the earth and the magma smith can summon and control magma, get the engineer to design it, the geomancer to build it out of rock strong enough to resist the magma and the magmasmith to power it and assuming youā€™ve built it on a river for water supply youā€™ve now got a near impossibly powerful steam engine ready to power your cannon capable of launching stuff into space allowing for your very own O.O.M.P.H. (Overpowered Orbital Magma Propulsion Hub)

You said endgame scenario right?

2 Likes

Well, you could always use magma safe materals to pump the magma up like in my story for writers guild, dumping it back down into the molten core of the earth.

Thatā€™s true. Iā€™m just worried about the possibility of an eruption having lots of detrimental effects on your people.

(Pompeii was not a good role model.)

2 Likes

excellent pointā€¦ magma is a powerful thing to harness, and i could see it easily getting out of controlā€¦

/me has flashbacks to burning down his first tree house in Minecraft

1 Like

/me has flashback of burning down his last 7 minecraft tree houses and his past 17 redstone cannons exploding

1 Like

/me decided never to build a tree house because me knew me would burn it. So me built a stone castle and managed to overflow it with lava

2 Likes

/me has flash back of ā€œaccidentallyā€ starting a forest fire and burning an entire village

2 Likes

/me has flashback of using WorldEdit brush tool for lava. Me shudders

1 Like

/me has a flashback just for the hell of it

5 Likes

What about, a aqueduct full of acid and in case of attack just release acid at the enemy. >:3

The problem with acid is, you know, it DISSOLVES STUFF? So, you know, that aqueduct? Yeah, its gone. So are all your people. And the ground. I think those engineers are all going to have to flee the country soonā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got the feeling most of our ā€˜smartā€™ defense methods will just backfire and get us killed. The first few weeks on this forum must be hilarious, when magma is added :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Weā€™ll probably create a ā€˜fail megathreadā€™ and we can all laugh together :smile:

2 Likes

What about a glass bottom?

@Geoffers747 Iā€™m gonna have alot with my city in the side of a wall idea. :smile:

Letā€™s hope you donā€™t build under a particularly fragile overhang that collapses and destroys your city!

No promisesā€¦ :sweat_smile:

So guys, this is just a thought

~oh boy, here he goes again, how are we going to die now?

So I was on steam and saw something about Sim City and Fire Lizards, and that got me thinking, ā€œHey, it must be pretty fun to wreck someoneā€™s day with a giant fire lizardā€ and then I thought, ā€œheyyyyy, what if I could get ahold of a giant fire lizard to wreck someoneā€™s day?ā€

So there is a chance there might be raiding other pplz cities (donā€™t quote me) so why not use those beast masters or game masters or whatever theyā€™re called to maybe tame monsters or Titans for military purposes.
Iā€™m sure this may have been done or explained somewhere anywhere before, but hey, comon, you guys gave me a hard enough time with the aquewall which you guys only still continue to take the Worst case scenario >.>

1 Like

Well yeah, worst case scenarios are the most fun! And actually, that would be a pretty cool idea, instead of JUST storming their city with your troops, you could send Titans and other beasties at theirs (or even yours) in order to stress-test it. See how many waves of Titans your villages can surviveā€¦
(and suddenly Pacific Rim popped into my head. More and more Kaiju spawning faster and fasterā€¦)

1 Like