Suggestion: Worker Parties

I am finally starting to get ahold of the Party system for dealing with defense. I can’t help but think this is an idea that would optimize workers. If you could create worker parties, it would allow you to give priority to specific tasks, like the production queue for craftsmen. Having everyone focusing in grabbing food when you have two and a half stockpiles full but no one will go make a bed or home for the new Hearthling that you just welcomed is sorta sad. Mind you, I think it is awesome you can’t specifically order them. It gives them a bit of personality… BUT if you could order a worker party to focus on say, building or harvesting, looting, mining, or food gathering -it would give a sense of priority to their tasks in accordance with a semi-purpose to keeping workers around. They are autonomous but if you mobilize the party, they focus on that type of task. It doesn’t sound too bossy but it creates some order of their efforts for survival. The tech is already there just applied in a different way with defense parties. What do you think?

1 Like

this would be a good idea in some area, but the game also plays with the idea, of 1.2.3.4.
it plays like sims xD

There’s a few other posts that have discussed this as well:

Party Zones - Better Defense and Work Control

Worker professions

It would actually be interesting if workers spawned with some kind of priority system for each worker. Say some workers would naturally prefer to chop trees and others might prefer to build a structure. So if you had multiple tasks going workers would gravitate towards their personal “favorite” but if there was only one task, they’d all do that one.

1 Like

I like this idea a lot. It gives them more personality. And Radiant stay true to their philosophy. But they don’t all drop everything and go to cut trees.

“Hmm… You like to cut wood hey, I make you a carpenter.”
“You like to mine? I make you a mason.”

1 Like

Hmm I like the idea of being able to prioritize tasks also for parties. Just like when using the attack/defense banners, but for the task management feature, that way you don’t have to adjust the priority list of your hearthlings individually all the time (for example when your population is over 20).

1 Like

It’d be especially useful if you need a task done asap, such as digging out a trench or building a wall to avoid raiding goblin parties from trying to attack.

1 Like