[Suggestion] Revert to using 1-2-3 for speeds

Because the ~ key is not at the same place on every keyboard configuration, while numbers are usually close to each other.

6 Likes

im glad im not the only one who would like to see it reverted to the “old” hotkeys.

3 Likes

I have a french canadian keyboard config, but my hardware has english keys printed. I had to guess where my ~ key was and it’s close to the Enter key. Not very intuitive for a speed/pause button.

1 Like

well that would definitely be a pain. even thought the, ` ,key is right beside the 1 and 2 on my keyboard, i have the old version memorized so i always press 1 to pause the game.

edit: also, welcome to the discourse :smile:

For me it’s the # key.

i doubt they’ll revert but i’m sure eventually we’ll get keybinding

2 Likes

Hi all,
Apologies for those who’re having trouble with the new speed hotkeys. I unfortunately did not think about foreign keyboards when I made the change.
I changed it to `, 1, 2 because some Sims fans asked about it (I might be biased in this regard :stuck_out_tongue: ). I don’t know if there can be a default configuration that pleases everyone. Custom keybindings are probably the way to go, although that’s a larger feature. I can probably add a custom user setting for just the speed keys if that will help for now.
Again, sorry about the inconvenience.
-Yang

5 Likes

that would be amazing, and i would love you guys (and gals) even more. if thats even humanly possible at this point

[quote=“yshan, post:7, topic:14300”]
Again, sorry about the inconvenience.
[/quote]well the game is still in alpha, so we shouldnt get to mad, cause things are bound to change.

1 Like