Suggestion on beds

I’ve been playing stonehearth for almost half a year now, and always find this so annoying;

My town has about 10-13 hearthlings, and they need their own beds, else they complain about ‘sleeping in a shared bed’. This is all okay, but when you start to have a lot of hearthlings/houses, you slowly forget about which bed is assigned, and which isn’t.

• My idea vas to swap the assignment method from assigning the bed to the hearthling to assigning the hearthling to a bed. This could maybe happen in the town citizens menu, or the character sheet.
  • I also thought about making the player a notification if he/she tries to assign a hearhling to an already occupied bed.
5 Likes

Or even just as simple as, the owners name in the description, when highlighting a bed?
This system is super bad at this point, but its not gamebreaking, so i think it will be around for a while :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe the heathlings photo on the bed?

Also, wounded hearthlings ignore bed claims. They will always go to the best / nearest bed from them.

2 Likes

I am dedicated to fixing this! I’m doing a bunch of UI work right now and I’ve made a note of it to tackle.

10 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate that…

1 Like

I wish that day, when I build a carpenter’s house and there is a carpenter without a assigned bed, he is assigned to it automatically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to steal some of the spotlight here and mention this suggestion of mine about automatic bed claims from a few weeks ago. :slight_smile:

It would be a tremendous help for those of us who don’t care too much about who sleeps where.

1 Like

This is a unique idea! I wouldn’t be able to implement it on my own but it is something we can definitely consider.

1 Like

…and I actually like this very much.
Although having special “hospital beds” for non-emergencies would also be great.

1 Like

Already suggested this in the past! XD
Healing and Hospitals

Would be nice to have more people speaking about it!

2 Likes

automatic bed claims are interesting. Though it would be a good idea to make that a toggle-able feature, since you might not want to have you hearthlings randomly choose where to live. Perhaps giving each bed a option to be claimable by new hearthlings, much like assigning them manually?

2 Likes

I’d personally be happy if my Hearthlings would just sleep in their assigned beds. Mind you, they’re all going on hunger strikes, the soldiers don’t kill things and the farmers don’t farm, so my issues are a bit larger than them sleeping in unassigned beds and whinging about sleeping in a shared bed when they have one assigned to them. It’s still obnoxious that they sleep on the ground outside or in “shared” beds when they have a bed assigned to them in the same room (so I know there can’t be pathing issues).

1 Like

The suggestion to which I linked mentions that it should be possible for the auto-claims to be overridden manually by the player.

@Sweet Not sure if you’re able to fix this when you’re handling the assignment options. Could you add the option to assign beds as Recovery beds as well? That way we can set up beds in our Herbalist HQ that get priority for recovering hearthlings. I understand that it’s a race against the clock, as there’s a timer ticking down before the hearthling dies so getting them to the nearest bed makes sense. It’s been a much talked about topic.

Edit: Oops didn’t see @Oleker post up top, but this topic has been talked about for several years. Just a search for “hospital bed” brought up 32 results lol :wink: So while your specific thread didn’t get much action there has been a lot of chat about it.

2 Likes