Storage all/none inverted by default

it would be nice if stockpiles/crates would be created with a “none” filter by default and you can specify the items to be stored after it’s built

I like to organize my stuff in multiple stockpiles for better overview
whenever I open a new stockpile I have tu hurry to set my preferred items before any of my muling Hearthlings dumps stuff in it that I don’t want there
this is especially the case when placing crates as the Hearthling placing it almost every time has stuff in the backpack that s/he immidately dumps in that placed crate

so having the setting on “none” by default would prevent that ^^
(or something like an “invert” option in the settings menu)

3 Likes

If your hearthlings drop something in the crate/stockpile before you have ticked it off, then they shoud, for example if they dropped stone in the food storage, take it out and put it into another crate/stockpile.

@FX5
There is a user setting for this. It’s not exposed in the settings menu at the moment, but maybe in the future.
For now, the setting is:
mods.stonehearth.default_storage_filter_none = true
You can either change the user setting by using the console window and then restarting the game. Or, edit the user_settings.json file where your stonehearth is installed and add this:
“mods” : {
“stonehearth” : {
“default_storage_filter_none” : true
}

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

4 Likes

thanks @yshan I’ll give it a try :smile:

Does this still work? I tried to make these changes to the user_settings.json file but I get an error and the game won’t start.

@WolffLaarcen, haven’t tested yet on A11 but was working fine on r453. My guess it’s a typo, probably a missing comma.

1 Like

I know nothing about this, it might as well be in an alien language. :confused:

Try ending your file like this (… is the autosave line):

},
	"mods" : {
		"stonehearth" : {
			"default_storage_filter_none" : true
		}
	}
}
2 Likes

This is what ended up working for me:

"enable_auto_save" : true,
	"mods" : {
		"stonehearth" : {
			"default_storage_filter_none" : true
		}
	}
}

You were right, it was basically a comma. Thanks for the help! Its much more convenient IMO for stockpiles to start with no filters.

1 Like

Indeed and it should be the default setting!

1 Like

Upon closer inspection, this works for stockpiles but not crates. :worried:

1 Like