Stonehearthmods.co

Everyone gets busy from time to time :slight_smile:.

I started a mods site as well which was also going to at some point also incorporate guides and building templates all in one site. But seems others beat me to it so itā€™s too late for me to finish fine :wink:

Hey Tom, Iā€™m only one man :slight_smile: I can only do so much (and Iā€™m currently swamped as is). Iā€™d love any help youā€™d want to give if you wanted to be a part of it! Of course if you donā€™t want to thatā€™s totally cool, I just never like to have anyone feel left out :slight_smile: If youā€™re interested, let me know and we can talk more privately (not in this open chat :stuck_out_tongue: ). Iā€™d be very interested in having someone help me grow the site further/help moderate it/help coordinate guides and templates and such!

Let me know if youā€™re interested (or even if youā€™re just interested in contributing content, rather than playing an active role)!

2 Likes

Also thanks to everyone so far for your mod contributions!

Shoutout to:

@8BitCrab ā€“

@Spiro ā€“

Thanks for your awesome submissions!!

If yā€™all havenā€™t checked out their mods yet, you absolutely need to, theyā€™re awesome :smiley:

Iā€™m really glad to see people using the site and I want to emphasize Iā€™m trying as hard as I can to keep improving it (I know itā€™s still a bit rough around the edges).

If you have a mod and havenā€™t submitted it yet, please feel free to do so! :slight_smile: Also if you have any feedback (constructive criticism, hateful remarks, that sort of thing :wink: ) please let me know!

I :heart_eyes: LOVE :heart_eyes: to hear what you like about the site, what you donā€™t like, and what youā€™d want to see changed/added.

Thanks for the continued support everyone!!

-Tyler

hehā€¦ i used it once, but couldnā€™t figure out how to update/edit a mod. so i guess i should ask, is there currently a way to edit a mod on your site?

@8BitCrab if youā€™re logged in and youā€™re the mod author, there should be an option to ā€œEdit this Modā€ or something like that, is there not?

hmmā€¦ well there is, clicking it brings me to the WordPress page editorā€¦ not what i expected, and iā€™m not sure how to upload a new version of the .smod to the site from thew edit page. :confused:

1 Like

oh dear, youā€™re absolutely rightā€¦ that seems like a fatal error on my part :disappointed_relieved:
Iā€™m really sorry about that, Iā€™m working on a fix as we speak.

If you want you could email me the .smod file and I could update it manually for you in the meantime? Or I should have a quick fix (if not a full fix) done in less than a day.

Really sorry again for the inconvenience!!

2 Likes

iā€™ll wait for the fix :slight_smile:

no need to apologize, sorry for not having reported it earlier when i first ran into the problem!

1 Like

absolutely no worries, thanks for bringing it up now :slight_smile:

sounds good Iā€™ll post it here as soon as Iā€™ve finished it!

1 Like

So (in typical developer fashion), Iā€™ve broken everything else in an attempt to fix this problem :slight_smile:

So, rest assured, Iā€™m still working on it (and now Iā€™ve fixed it back to where it was before I ā€œfixedā€ it :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

@8BitCrab So yes, I really am still working on this :stuck_out_tongue:

It turns out I had to completely discard and redevelop the mod submission/storage/editing process, so thatā€™s why itā€™s taking so long. Again, Iā€™m REALLY sorry for the continued delay but Iā€™m making good progress and should have it done by the end of the week.

Thanks for your patience everyone!!

3 Likes

Why donā€™t you and praise join forces?

@Wharp I had suggested that here:

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/praise-stonehearth-mod-manager/16157/95

But @Praise mentioned that he (understandably) didnā€™t have the time or resources to take on a merger at the moment.

That being said, Iā€™m always open to the idea, and Iā€™m currently working on a little secret project (not really secret, I just havenā€™t told anybody :stuck_out_tongue: ) that is similar to Praise. Itā€™s a downloadable mod-manager that links in directly with stonehearthmods.co (not at ALL trying to compete with or be ā€œbetterā€ than Praise in any way, it just seems like something that users find useful so I figured Iā€™d whip one up for my site as well).

If anyone thinks thatā€™s bad, ā€œshadyā€, or anything like that, please feel free to discuss it with me here - I donā€™t want to step on anyoneā€™s toes or offend/anger anyone, I simply thought itā€™d be a nice feature addition to my site as well

Thanks again for everyoneā€™s patience, Iā€™ll be keeping you all up to date as best I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s too bad that a merger isnā€™t possible, but I have to say Iā€™m more partial to your site design than Praiseā€™s. I wonder why Praise canā€™t simply post his source online and allow both you two to work on the project together.

Btw, whatā€™s language is your manager coded in? Iā€™d love to help out :slight_smile:

@Wharp Hey thanks for the offer :slight_smile: Iā€™d welcome any contributors!

The downloadable Mod Manager is written in C# (itā€™s basically a C# windows form application), but the website is developed with wordpress so the typical HTML/CSS/PHP model

Omg! My favorite languages! Are you on github?

@Wharp I have an account but I havenā€™t posted this project up there yet (itā€™s still very VERY new). I can throw it up there tonight and we could talk about you getting involved, do you have anything we could live-text-chat over like skype or anything?

Or any repo really! Iā€™m not too familiar with web design, but I can work through it. C# is my most favorite.All thatā€™s good really, I have skype but I prefer discord. Do you have that?

@Wharp I do now :slight_smile: PMING you a link

Alright everyoneā€¦

Itā€™s the moment youā€™ve all been waiting forā€¦

Dramatic music starts playing

• After taking WAY longer than I said I would

• After completely restructuring/rewriting the database 3 separate times

• After literally crashing my entire webserver because I accidentally threw it into an infinite loop because I missed a ā€œ$ā€ symbol once in my code (Iā€™m not being dramatic, that actually happened)

• After questioning every decision I ever made that led to me making websites (okay now Iā€™m being dramaticā€¦)

• After spending an average of 14-16 hours every day for the last week and a half trying to fix a problem that should have been pretty simple

I am finally. FINALLY ready to announce that my site is fully functional again, and it has a new and improved look, feel, and functionality!!

I have done the following:

• Reworked the entire system so itā€™s much more efficient (which means you wonā€™t spend precious minutes waiting for pages to load and files to upload)

• Redeveloped (and redesigned) the Mod Submission page from scratch, giving you the ability to submit your mod descriptions with text that is fully HTML compatible! So now the form looks like THIS!!

• Redeveloped (and redesigned) the mod pages themselves so they now display content that is fully HTML compatible

• Finally implemented a proper ā€œEdit Modā€ page so that mod authors can edit their modā€™s information and files (including changing their featured image, their .smod file, and all of their extra images), and that page looks like THIS!!!

• Fixed/upgraded/cleaned up a bunch of random bits and pieces that nobody will really ever see or care about, but they matter to me because Iā€™m a developer :slight_smile:

For anyone interested, weā€™ve got some pretty exciting new features and improvements in the works, this is our TODO list (and things for you to look out for in future updates):

• New and improved ā€œProfileā€ pages

• Moar under-the-hood site optimizations! Yay!

• New and improved comment sections

• Further improvements on individual mod pages (displaying information more clearly, just making them better organized and better presented)

• For Mod Authors - Download counts! (donā€™t worry, weā€™ve actually been logging each download on our server, so your download counts will be accurate, we just havenā€™t displayed them yet because that feature is still in testing)

• Modding tutorials/resources section

• Miscellaneous improvements in look/feel, usability, layout, etc.

Thank you SO SO SO much to all of you for being so patient while we worked this out!! It was a beast to tackle, but weā€™re finally here and weā€™re ready to handle whatever site-breaking thing that happens next :slight_smile:

As always, we are completely open to suggestions, comments, hateful remarks, that sort of thing, so please feel free to let us know what you like, what you donā€™t like, or what youā€™d like to see!

I did promise to notify some of you individually when the site was ready again, so here ya go :slight_smile:
@8BitCrab, @Wharp, @AcheronTyrannus, @coasterspaul, @Spiro

3 Likes