Stonehearth Won't Load Roster,Nor Accept Roster

Summary:
Just got around to update Stone-Hearth to V1.1 today. But when I got around to making a roster it returns an error,The Roster keeps on loading and it wont load,Before this the Roster loads perfectly and then I enter the world map and play the game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start new game
  2. Select whatever options you have
  3. Try to press on the “Accept Roster” button after getting the Error Log.

Expected Results:
You get into the Customize Roster Menu,And then move onto the Map.
Actual Results:
Error Log that Softlocks you in the Roster Menu and your only way out is the “Return To Main Menu” button.

Notes:
1-Pressing F5 doesn’t work,2-My game is heavily Modded,But I tried it with all mods disabled.

Attachments:
Error Log: release-949 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/components/appeal/appeal_component.lua:206: attempt to call field ‘get_appeal_optimized’ (a nil value)

stack traceback: [C]: in function ‘get_appeal_optimized’ stonehearth/components/appeal/appeal_component.lua:206: in function ‘generate_item_preferences’ …th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1026: in function ‘_assign_citizen_item_preferences’ …th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:1000: in function ‘_set_citizen_initial_state’ …th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:549: in function <…th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:543> (tail call): ? …th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:588: in function ‘generate_starting_citizen’ …th/services/server/population/population_faction.lua:676: in function ‘generate_roster’ …vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:359: in function ‘_generate_initial_roster’ …vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:253: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:244>

Version Number and Mods in use:
V:1.1
Mods:
Core_Dani
EndPieces-Master
GlassWorks
KMNKY_Traits-Master
Task-Manager
Trapper_Plus
Archipelago+Fishing
Armis_Maximus
Balista
Better-Mining
BetterStorage
Biome-Crops_Mod
Brewery
Catclay
Catended
Cattriwood
Commemorative_Items
Cookmod
Craftmod
DetailedFlowers
Edge-Pan
Extra-Map_Options
Finery
FornJotr
Fortify
Fruit-Trees
Gardens_Of_Hearth
Giant-Crops
Groms-Food
HomeSweetHome
MagiCombat
Patrol-Mod
Peg-Planning
Piles_Plus
Signery
Smart-Crafter
SoMC
ACE
Tree Stump

System Information:
Playing on a Windows 10 Non-Steam game

Welcome to the forums and the community!

Based on that error report, it looks like an item is failing to be assigned an appeal value, or be set as a preferred item for a hearthling. That makes me think one of your mods is likely out of date.

Even with mods disabled, if you try to load the same roster you attempted to load when the mods were enabled then it will still look for those modded items. So I would advise you go through and update any mods which require that, and start a new game with only up-to-date mods. If you still get the issue, try removing the mods one at a time until you find which one causes the error; and then you can report it to the mod’s author.

Good luck!

Hi!,Thank you for Replying. I tried removing all the mods I’ve Installed and left the ones within the Game Folder Itself (Radiant,Rayya’s Children,Nothern Alliance,Etc.) And it still send me the same error.
I tried to remove Rayya’s Children and Nothern Alliance and left Radiant and Stone-Hearth and tried it again,Still to no avail.

Seems like you radiant.smod is busted (the error is from a vanilla function not existing)

Try to check the files integrity through steam

It would seem like so,But I am using the Direct Download Version,Is there a way where I can download Radiant.SMOD again?

An uninstall - reinstall should be the same result

Redownloaded the game and tested it,It worked! The Radiant.Smod WAS the problem. Thanks for your help so much guys :smiley: