Stonehearth to the extreme

Seeing my next project has no playability for the citizens and completely revolves around massive insta building I thought lets place the topic here :slight_smile: Now keep in mind this is only like 1 procent of the entire build and the amount of details i wanna put in will be enormous.

Each placed block represents the size 1cm by 1cm. So each meter will represent 100 blocks. Also i’m still busy getting all the fog cleared of the map. This map was an accidental creation when i was playing around with some of the biome mods. I kept it and now it came in handy.

9 Likes

So this isn’t causing any system issues for you? lag, frame rate, CPU usage? just curious :slight_smile:

keeping it simple, no big focus on citizens and stuff. No massive mining or building jobs for them. Working mostly with templates. Already have a pretty falt world, no huge mountains so no massive digging all away. I’m bareley using any lua. Having the game on pauze pretty much all the time.

So my guess is the game is doing a pretty good job. Not really sure how its gonna deal with larger instabuilds but will see about it then. For now there are no issues of lagg. Only problem is some random error when connecting parts together but a reload and it gone.

are you sure there isn’t a world height limit? might find out soon by the looks of this :grin:

Albert recently answered in [another thread] (Quick question! blocks from lowest to highest point?) that the height limit is 256 cubes; I hope that’s enough space to finish this build…

3 Likes

we will see, already on 250 blocks so i’ll test it out :slight_smile:

edit: already on block number 500. DO keep in mind i’m insta building this. It could be there is a limit for your villagers.

4 Likes

1 week of just placing scaffolding, huh? Not talking about gametime.

€: Just saw your post about the instabuilding. I’m sorry.

1 Like

5 Likes

Are you using a mod biome?

like I said before, i played with the world gen file before, but only kept this world save.

took a couple of days to create but i’m happy with it now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice i can just imagen how much clicking that was :smiley:

Would be interesting to see a little village going on inside that room if you ever want to :smiley:

Kinda makes me think of that old map in CS where everything was huge

3 Likes

i’ve increased the space below the floor so all de natural grass is still intact. I was planning on making a little crawl space hatch idea but you could also let them come out of the toilet exit :slight_smile: Really active playing would be troublesome seeing the massive floor slab is really taking it out on the system mem.

2 Likes

so the project has been put on hold. I’ve started doing some reallife home improvement construction which has not gone really well. It’s taking more time then originally planned. I’m hoping to continue building in a week.

2 Likes

So i continued building a little earlier, just could not wait. I’ve hit allot of errors and some unplayability. Some of the other players suggestions kept bugging my head and the current build is not really good for that. I will most likely build something similair in the near future but for now these will be the last pics of this build. I will restart this map for some more massive construction checking out ather ways to put stonehearth to the extreme

4 Likes

Uhm, a giant biome would be nice. Where every thing is big and your hearthlings are like ants. You could mine random coins in the ground for ores or giant silkweeds and instead of rabbit statues we could have gnomes like those in a garden.

2 Likes

This is insane in all the right ways.

2 Likes

reminded me of this bug from awhile back,

2 Likes

haha I think that bug popped up when they introduced the Giant Zombie.
At first its weapon was normal sized (way too small) and it looked like it was just beating you with its fist.
Then they made the weapon bigger, and suddenly all items from old saves got huge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like