Steam Latest Updated to release 572

Turns out my hearthlings were quite a bit drunk while building this one. (Notice the stairs. I don’t think that is supposed to be there.)
Edit: the stairs on the lower floor are misplaced too

Blueprint:
[cc] twin town house.zip (96.5 KB)

2 Likes

when i started my town back up they tore down all the scaffolding, so maybe a restart will fix it, if I get a building that this doesnt work with i will try to get it to you guys

Red Valley.zip (7.5 MB)

here you go, using the settlement decor and spiro’s window mod.

the weaver’s guild building would not take down scaffolding

1 Like

Here’s my template that won’t build, it has a -2 height roof that keeps it from building, but -1 height works fine:

empty_bulwark.zip (27.9 KB)

1 Like

They’re finally building stairs like they should be, without tons of scaffolding! :smile:

I’m currently attempting a bit of a crazy build - slabs on walls - so I’ll see how they handle that now.

4 Likes

@CrazyCandy @sdee

So, i took that massive building for a test spin on my machine… and boy it was an adventure. Did yours finish?

It was super messy, took 2 hours real time at 3x speed, and wanted to destroy my machine… but they finished it!

Kinda.

The stairs were built in the wrong spot, shifting over several spaces until it hung outside the building.

But they did everything themselves and only didn’t manage to take down one piece of scaffolding that was attached to one of those misplaced stairs.

Quite an ordeal, lost like… 15 hearthlings to mean enemies and finally walled off my entire town.

Started with 5 hearthlings working on it… ended with 11 to get it finished.

Specs
16 Gigs ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
Nvidia 960
Intel i7 5700

4 Likes

They’ll build slabs against walls, and walls against cliffs! Perhaps even stairs and slabs and floors on roofs! And it even looks good! Or, they were; then the game crashed all of a sudden. I saved right before pressing build, so it’s not too much of a loss.

l’m quite enjoying this so far, though.

2 Likes

When I play the latest release in my Windows10(32x), the map generating seems to spend more time than usual, and CPU hangs over 90% when playing, the most important thing is, the game flashes back to the desktop frequently, it never happened in the former release or dev. , so does anyone also experience the flash back in this release? Or is it just my problem?

1 Like

hmm… i think that there was a report about that happening quite awhile back now… but i can’t remember what/how we fixed it… let me check around and see if i can find that old report

edit: @Iviaca, well i found the report i was thinking of, but now that i see it i don’t think it’s actually the same as the problem you’re having,

1 Like

great thanks first :smile:
I’ll try it out later

@not_owen_wilson @sdee I tried it again. They got SO close! :smiley: Still a few (~11) ladders left up externally in places no longer reachable (but were when the scaffolding was up). And the whole thing is literally covered in wooden blocks inside and out, but! no more scaffolding. Great work!

It still requires 8+ old growth-sized trees worth of wood for the scaffolding alone, but I know you’re focusing on tearing down first.

It took a long time, many weeks of in-game time, and while it’s not perfect, this is far better than it was before.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t have time to let them build it for long. I’m quite impressed by how long it took for your guys… Definitely didn’t expect that. I even wanted to add one more floor. :laughing:

The building itself is quite an atrocity. A crime against the art of architecture. :smiley:

2 Likes

got a nice scaffolting error message :slight_smile:
release-572 (x64)[M]…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1432: attempt to index local ‘fab’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1432: in function ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1396: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:227: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
radiant/modules/events.lua:221: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:290: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:338: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>
release-572 (x64)[M]std::logic_error: 'invalid reference in native get_id’stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function ‘get_id’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1799: in function ‘_get_entry_for_structure’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1408: in function ‘bfs_visitor’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1448: in function ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1396: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:227: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
radiant/modules/events.lua:221: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:290: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:338: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

1 Like