The Backup and Restore Games feature in Steam does not save mods, saves, or templates.
Steps to reproduce:
- Freak out cause your hard drive sounds like it is about to divide by zero
- Click the “Backup and Restore Games” feature in Steam
- Replace old HD with a nice new SSD
- Restore the games via the “Backup and Restore Games” feature in Steam
- Try not to hit your mouth on the desk when you realize the mods, saves, and templates are no longer there.
Possibly not mods but saves and templates should be added to this “feature” as it worked with the vast majority of my other games.
See “Steps to reproduce” #5
Lesson learned. Glad I am at least partially paranoid and backed up my mods directory.
None worthy of posting.
Version Number and Mods in use:
…ooohh probably almost all of them? See discourse and search on current mods
Probably irrelevant but a hot new 2nd SSD!