Crash --> directly on desktop window without message

Summary:
see title…

Attachments:
Desktop.zip (107.3 KB)
the dump+log + my personnal setting (key setting)
Versions and Mods:

System Information:
windows 7 + gtx980

only the mod for the color used and game up to date.

Notes:

[Any additional useful information]

Hey there @artifus, something is broken with the Stonehearth smod - it appears as though something was modified?

My suggestion for the most likely quickest solution would be to do a full reinstall of the game.

1. Launch Steam.
  2. Right-click Stonehearth and click Properties
  3. Click on the Local Files tab
  4. Click Browse Local Files...
  5. If you have saved games or templates to save, complete the following. Otherwise, skip to step 6 below.
  • For saved games, copy saved_games to another location, like your Desktop.
  • For templates, copy saved_objects to another location, like your Desktop.
  1. Go up one directory level to the common folder.
  2. Delete the Stonehearth folder.
  3. Close Windows Explorer and return to Steam.
  4. Right-click Stonehearth and click Uninstall...
  5. Once removed, right-click Stonehearth again and click Install Game...
  6. If you backed up saves or templates in step 5 above, do the following. Otherwise, skip to step 12.
  7. Right-click Stonehearth and click Properties
  8. Click on the Local Files tab
  9. Click Browse Local Files...
  10. Copy the backed up folders into Stonehearth folder.
  11. Close Windows Explorer.
  12. Launch Stonehearth
  13. Finally…
  • If this works, great! Please let us know so we can mark this as resolved.
  • If not, please upload your stonehearth.log from the game install directory (follow steps 2-4 if unsure how to access) to the Discourse so we can take a look.

After completing the above steps, you’ll also need to add @Relyss’s mod back in.

i have modified the smod but with the new update, i dont have modified this one.(alreadt updated via steam.)

Something didn’t go right with the Steam update then. Your logs are indicating that files have been modified:

2017-04-17 11:30:51.467686 | server |  1 |                        resources | error looking for manifest in 0 - base - stonehearth: file not found
2017-04-17 11:30:51.748702 | server |  1 |                        resources | error looking for manifest in 1 - base engeneer modifier - stonehearth: file not found
2017-04-17 11:30:58.034062 | server |  1 |                        resources | Modules have been modified by the user!

If you want to avoid a complete reinstall, you could try deleting stonehearth.smod and then use the `verify integrity of game files" option in Steam.

1 Like

ah yes. theres files is my saved files before updated the original smod. this is a save from a previous update. i need to delete…

sorry

Just to check - you’re all good now - no crashing? The crash was due to an old save?

new crash … 39 guy it is the reason ?
crash.dmp (391.8 KB)
stonehearth.log (1.2 MB)

i do nothing. i set speed 3 on the game… waiting – crash after a while.

What were you doing when the crash occurred? Also, the stonehearth.log would be helpful.

Hello I have the same problem

crash.zip (28.7 KB)
stonehearth.log (17.6 KB)