Starting gear no where to be found

Summary: When starting a game some times starting equipment doesn’t spawn. Cannot duplicate 100% of the time.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start new game
  2. Select all options with gear and people always rerolling both map and hearthlings a few times each.
  3. After game loads some times one or all of the starting equipment will not be set down by the starting hearthlings. It will still show the items in the town inventory menu.

Expected Results: All starting gear will be in the world

Actual Results: Some times you do not start with some or all of gear.

Notes: I have not been able to figure out what causes this bug precisely but it’s happened consistently in many games, but not all some times I have to run several game start ups to get a game with all my starting gear.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: No mods running

System Information: Win 7 64bit, AMD phenom II x6 1090T, 16gb ram, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 TI

I think I saw something similar to this. However, after waiting a few minutes and “assigning” the jobs those equipment are used to hearthlings they seem to appear again. Did you wait a few (must be in play not pause) after you started a new game to see if they appear? It’s possible they are in the backpacks.

in some cases I did but not in every instance, next time it happens I will have to see if I can find the backpack in question.

Another thought (never noticed this before, so I am just throwing this out), do you always create a stockpile before checking for the gear? I believe (might be wrong) that talismans have to be in a stockpile (or other storage container) to be used…

Also, would be very useful to know what version of the game you are playing!

1 Like

Yeah I"ve been extra vigilant at start up but have yet to find it again, this might be user error.

Also I am playing on the latest branch.