Someone Help Me Mod

I’m assuming you mean one of two things

1. Where the model has a seperate matrix and has a model part that is physically unattached from another part (say, a gap)

2. Where the model’s part is physically attached to another, but has a different matrix (like the shoulders of the hearthlings)

For ‘1’ no, it isn’t necessary to have the part physically away from another part, but it helps make the model feel like a part of the game(with vanilla models having it) and it helps ignore some unneeded detail and makes them look more stubby and cute,
It also helps in animating since the added distance may help you move it without having to worry about trying to move something like an arm accordingly to a hand

In the case of ‘2’ yes, even if it is close with the model, you need it to have a different matrix as it will allow the part to rotate or move (unless it doesn’t have to move or rotate) just like how te shoulders of the hearthlings are, but it isn’t necessary to have it attached either, if it is a part that is stuck to another, then yes you do, but if it’s something that can bare being unattached, you may as well do it since it will help in some cases of animating

3 Likes

It may be my rubber ducky syndrome speaking, but I’ve found Magica to be more user-friendly, especially in terms of reusing the palette. If one can make a model in Magica, then use VoxelShop to “slice” it into matrices, I could use this trick myself.

2 Likes